cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser running upon checkbox onToggle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a checkbox with an onToggle, where if ticked, enables an inputfield to be entered, and when unticked, disables the field.

When I tick the checkbox, the inputfield opens, which is correct, but this also triggers the browser's loading bar to start running (Internet Explorer). Can I get some advise on why this is happening, or how I can solve this?

I tried on Firefox, and it doesn't happen there, but reloads my screen scrollbar to the top again upon ticking the box.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi, I have a checkbox with an onToggle, where if ticked, enables an inputfield to be entered, and when unticked, disables the field.

>

> When I tick the checkbox, the inputfield opens, which is correct, but this also triggers the browser's loading bar to start running (Internet Explorer). Can I get some advise on why this is happening, or how I can solve this?

>

> I tried on Firefox, and it doesn't happen there, but reloads my screen scrollbar to the top again upon ticking the box.

You state that you have an onToggle event and in that event you have some ABAP code I assume because you are enabling an inputField. That ABAP code exists on the server side only. The onToggle event must post back to the server in order to process your logic and then return to the client side with the updated rendering output. That is why you see the browser loading bar. That is perfectly normal when you have a server side event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas for your explanation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have yopu written any code in MODIFYVIEW.