cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel and JMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am a newbie to SAP Xi so my question may sound a bit odd: please advise me.

I would like to send a JMS after the end and successful completion of a Communication Channel.

This Communication Channel is doing sync of an external DB with the SAP DB.

I have setup a free JMS server from Sun (version 4.3). My environment is full Windows 64bits.

I know I need to setup the proper JMS drivers in SAP Xi to allow the use of the JMS module adaptor,

but I'm unsure of the steps I need to follow to change the behavior of my communication channel.

Please suggests Experts.

Thanks and Regards,

Saule 73

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, I will have a look.

saule73

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for this documentation!

it has proven very usefull for the implementation of a JMS object inside Xi.

This is definitely a step forward...

But I am still missing an element in the puzzle :

Once I have:

_ a configured JMS server (Sun 4.3),

_ the JMS object (sender) defined in SAP,

_ a communication ready to be used,

If I want the communication channel to trigger the sending of the JMS, must I :

_ write down a Entreprise JavaBean module to do the trick (to be included into the communication channel)

OR

is there another way to ask the Communication channel to do it (preferably not involving to much development)?

Thanks experts,

Saule73

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You no need to write any module to read message from JMS Server,you need to deploy the driver perfeclty,trhen create communication channel with appropriate details activate it.

it reads the message from JMS System.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I'm not clear in describing the goal I want to achieve:

My communication channel is used to synchronise two DB (an external one, and the SAP DB).

When the communication channel is done (status good) I want a JMS to be sent to a queue (in a Sun JMS server) so that a job scheduler (watching the JMS existence) can carry on with the job executions (for example do a batch after the completion of the communication channel).

The reason comes from the fact that my client does not uses Xi to synchronise the two DB in real time - instead the DBs are synchronised twice a day - that is the reason why we need synchronisation between Xi and the job scheduler via JMS.

Hope it's a bit clearer....

Rgds,

Saule73

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it seems I have a better understanding now:

_ I need to setup the JMS integration in Xi

_ then I need to create a JMS sender adapter

What I miss is how do I create (select) a "Local Entreprise Bean" to be executed after the Modules that are in my Communication Channel (Module tab in the edition of the Communication Channel).

In fact I don't see the relation between the Object JMS sender and the Local Entreprise Bean.

Thanks experts for you answers,

Rgds,

Saule73

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You not required any Enterprise Local Bean at all, Just select new adapter in Integration Directory select type as JMS and mode Sender.

To use JMS Communication channel you need to deploy the JMS Drivers in PI Server,search in sdn you will find the procedure hot to deploy the same.

some modules we use like converting Text file to XML ,some different reuirements.

why you want to use the Local Enterprise Bean??

Regard

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Raj to care for my issue.

to answer your question:

Because my JMS needs to be sent after the DB integration (as a evidence of correct integration).

And as I see in my communication channel that in the sequence (module tab) you can only put "Local Entreprise Bean" I need to input one to call my JMS sending...

Am I right ?

The root question is : can you have a communication channel that mixes JDBC modules AND JMS sending ?

Saule73

Edited by: saule73 on Dec 2, 2009 1:29 PM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think its possible to perform JDBC and JMS operation using one JMS adapter,my advice to you split the requirement.in to tqo scenarios..

please explain your bussines case.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

My business need is:

_ I want a DB sync (sync of one DB and the SAP DB).

_ Then, when this first step is complete, I need JMS to be sent (no body in the JMS, it's just a signal for a next step to start outside of SAP).

That's it.

The first part is done via a communication channel, I try to understand where should I put the JMS sending.

Should it be in a new communication channel (and in this case is it possible to have two communication channel in sequence?)

OR

inside the first communication channel (at the end of the sequence, in the tab "module") ?

Rgds,

Saule73