cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate the <RFC>.Exception Message Type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am invoking an RFC synchronously from PI.

I am using the RFC.Exception message type to capture the exception raised from the RFC.

In the RFC, I have created a Non-class based exceptino anf raising it using the "Raise" command.

But it is only pupulating "Name" and "Text" of the Exception message. All other fileds are blank.

Is their a special way to raise the excpetion in rfc so as to populate the Exceptoin message type in PI completely?

thanks,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But it is only pupulating "Name" and "Text" of the Exception message. All other fileds are blank.

Did you follow the steps as mentioned in this blog: /people/jin.shin/blog/2007/05/21/handling-web-service-soap-fault-responses-in-sap-netweaver-xi

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The blog suggested by you is doing exactly oposite of what I intend to do.

I am doing a SOAP <-> PI <-> RFC scenario wherein I am trying to populate the RFC exception mesage type from the RFC code.

Must be a way to do this......

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having this issue ( although my scenario is proxy - PI - rfc ). The .exception response that is received by PI is not in xml format so this is probably why the error is not passed back to the source system. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working?