cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tables for VAT Characteristics

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a scenario in EHS - Specification Database in PLM.

I have got to find the values assigned to the property trees of a VAT.

Suppose there a density VAT , with ref to a specific specification and i want to use this value in an ABAP object.

Q1. So, how can I trace this value in the ABAP Dictionary, for the ABAP Object ???

Q2. Do these VAT Characteristics' properties' data have some datbase tables for the values ???

Q3. Also, what are the tables for Specification database ???

Q4. What about the tables for custom VAT Characteristics???

Please suggest.

Thankyou.

Anil.

Edited by: Anil Kumar gajula on Nov 30, 2009 4:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil

first of all: in EH&S there are a number of Standard APIs available to do what you are requesting. You should really not try to perform the same activities like the standard is providing to you using some ABAP code by your own.

First of all you need a bit "background" to use the available APIs.

Assuming you are starting with a material number the first action is to find the REAL_SUB (and not the DG_CL_SUB). Second if you have identified the specification there you would like to do what you are describing you need some "specific" parameters to do so. The data model of EH&S is quite complex and normally e.g. in your example you will find more than one VAT in "density". Here the SAP standard does not provide you with an idea how to go onl This is now "your logic". This is a common pitfall in using EH&S. You must really understand the EH&S data model. Most selections are done using the "usage" of the data record (= VAT). But in doing so you must specificy the usage before you can use the standard function modules. The Function module will than pull the data for you.

Take a look here : Function Module BAPI_BUS1077_GETDETAIL or e.g. BAPI_BUS1077_GETLIST.

Coming back to your questions:

Q1: Because of complexitiy of EH&S data model => use the function module above. Do not try to do it by yourself.

Principle: ESTMJ (material) will lead you to ESTRH (the specification) and by using ESTVH you could refine the property. Taking into account ESTVA as well as ESTDU you could try to reduce the number of data records

Q2: As explained above: data model is quite complex: If you have found the ESTVA entry which belongs to the VAT and you would like to retrieve the characteristic values you need to check as well as tables AUSP or ESTAUSP (I wil not expülain further: please use the BAPIs )

Q3: most important tables are: estrh, estvh, estva, estdu but there are more which need to be taken into account => pleasse use the BAPI

Q4: there is no diference between SAP properties charcteristics and customer specific ones. Data model is the same

With best regards

C.B.