cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction call with parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm trying to call a transaction out of my Web Dynpro ABAP application. An existing Thread () describes, how this can be done (and it works just fine).

To fully achieve my requirement, I have to pass parameters to the called transaction. The FIRE method of class CL_WDR_SAPGUI_INTEGRATION2, that is used in the afore mentioned thread, has a parameter called PARAMETERS of type WDR_NAME_VALUE_LIST. I tried to fill this parameter with a simple key - value pair, but the called transaction does not respond to the parameter.

Is this approach basically correct?

If yes: What am I doing wrong?

If no: Is there an alternate way, to start an other transaction out of a Web Dynpro ABAP application, except ITS (ITS doesn't fully meet our requirements)?

Thanks.

Helmut

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Actually the solution mentioned in the linked thread is no longer supported by SAP. We arent' going to support any direct SAPGUI/Web Dynpro ABAP integration and classes like CL_WDR_SAPGUI_INTEGRATION2 are being marked as obsolete and will be removed in the future.

See OSS Note 989286 and also this section of the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/64/be5b4150b38147e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Classes and interfaces beginning with CL_WDR_ or IF_WDR_ have not been released. These classes are not contained in the package interface and they can change without prior notice. Furthermore, there may be side effects from calling these internal class methods.

Why not use the ITS? Or better yet portal based navigation APIs. You can build the ITS URL directly. WIth the Portal Based Navgiation APIs, you might be navigating within the NetWeaver Portal to the ITS based iView, but with the NetWeaver Business Client you can use the Portal Navigation APIs to navigate to a SAPGUI for Windows based transaction.

More on the Portal APIs:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/27/96b9c8f14e7d498b90a674710dc9c2/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I guess we'll have to live with the ITS then.

Thank you for the answer.

Answers (0)