cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sourcing and CLM Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing some problem in E-Sourcing and CLM integration. Recently we have configured CLM (we deployed the CLM workbook after configuring the IIS other installation activities), which is working fine standalone scenario, but when we are trying to create a Contract from a RFx or Auction, system is picking up the Contract template and showing the Draft Contract (there too system is not picking up Vendor as Variable from RFx), but it not going to Master Agreement screen nor it Contract is appearing in the Document flow, system is creating the draft Contract but not saving it.

Am I missing some config ? If anyone come across this issue, please share your experience.

Thanks and Regards,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Did you uploaded Sourcing workbook ?

If yes then please post steps you have follwed for CLM configuration from 1st workbook upload.

Regards

~Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

We have uploaded both Enterprise_QuickStart-xCLM & Sourcing_Company_QuickStart-xCLM.xls as per our requirement. I donu2019t think I am missing any other configuration.

Regards,

Satish

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish

you are missing a step here

you need to go to the RFx award tab and first award the RFx

you will then get an award ID, click on the award ID, that will open another screen

From that screen, go to actions->Create Agreement

This step will create the MSA for you, from the MSA, you can then select actions->Generate Contract

This step creates the legal contract for you either from the saved contract document templates

Incase this step is also failing and you are still getting the error that you cannot check the draft contract, then actually your contract generation webserver is not getting called, its not able to write the document into the .net webserver via the contract generation webservice

Check with your basis to check if you can ping that server

Let me know if this helps

Regards

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

Thanks for the response. This is working fine through Award route, that way its behavior is like just Standalone CLM scenario, as we are going to MSA and from there we are generating Contract. Standalone CLM scenario is working fine.

When we are trying to create Contract from u201CRFx > Action > Create Contractu201D, it is not working. When I am trying to follow this route, itu2019s behavior is like this:

u2022 It is asking for Contract Template(which is correct), here I am picking up from the my Contract template list,

u2022 Then system is asking for value of Variables, as I am using Variables in my Clause. As per the design, system should pick these variable values from RFx it self, Anyway I am giving the values of these Variables and proceeding further,

u2022 Next step system is processing the document and showing the Draft Contract through File Preview, which I can see and verify,

u2022 Now when I am clicking Finish, system taking me to RFx page, no trace of the Contract document. Ideally it should have taken me to the MSA page, which is attached to the Contract Template,I have tried to find out the Contract, no where it is visible,

Same issue I am facing with Auction.

I donu2019t see any issue with the Deployment workbook. As per my understanding, copy control is being governed in E-Sourcing through document linking, at that front there is no breakthrough , anyway this is Vanilla deployment, so basic function should work.

Kindly let me know if I am missing some steps or any config I need to check.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Did you uploaded Sourcing workbook ?

If yes then please post steps you have follwed for CLM configuration from 1st workbook upload.

Regards

~Ankush