Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt in external context mapping

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

whiel practicing the external context mapping exmaple i read the following lines in the PDF file

"At design time, a Web Dynpro component does not know the context structures of its

embedding Web Dynpro component. Therefore, it is not possible at design time to map

context elements in the component interface controller of Web Dynpro component A to

context elements that belong to a controller context of Web Dynpro component B, which has

declared a usage of A. However, if Web Dynpro component A itself uses another Web Dynpro

component within itself, this is possible (general context mapping)."

I could not understand the difference between the second and the third lines Can any one let me know if at all there is any difference? Also i would want to know the reason behind such restriction as to y the parent cant red the context of the child component?

Also can any one let me know the reason y cant we do the external context mapping for the attributes of the root node?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi P K

The passage says that not possible to map a context from child component (embedded) to parent component (embedding).

If A is child and B is parent then:

1. If A declares simple context (isInput=false) then

1.1. It's possible B -> A mapping in B.

1.2. It's not possible A->B mapping in A.

2. If A declares input context (isInput=true) then

2.1. It's possible and sometimes even mandatory A->B mapping in B.

2.2. It's not possible A->B mapping in A.

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi P K,

What the lines you mentioned is trying to say is that -

The Context of an Controller in WD Development Component can only be mapped to Component Controller/View Controller/Custom Controller/Interface Controller of its own WD DC as general context mapping but it wound not be possible for the Controller of DC 1 (other than Interface Controller) to be mapped in design time to the Component Controller/View Controller/Custom Controller of some other DC 2 which has DC 1 as used component (which is known as external mapping). DC 1 can interact with some other DC 2 only through interfaces. So, if DC 1 is put as Used DC for DC 2 then, you can only map and use methods (i mean access) of the DC 1 in DC 2 through Interface Controllers. Rest of the Controller contexts/methods of DC 1 is not readable by DC 2.

Regards,

Tushar Sinha