cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material serial number creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario in setting up serial number for material. I am presently working on data migration from legacy system to SAP. Materials in legacy system has serial numbers assigned to it. I am migrating service contracts with service materials which should have equipments details in the technical objects details

i wanted to know how to create serial no.s for the saleable materials in the contract with status ECUS ( equipment at customer).

When i create serials numbers the material is in stock under a plant. But this should not be the case since the equipment is already at the customer .

Please suggest a suitable solution for doing the same.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Kiran.R.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create serial number for a material for a plant through Tcode : IQ01.

To change the status of serial number number from AVLB[Available] to ECUS[with customer] follow the below path

1.Go to Tcode IQ02 - Give material & Serial number.

2.Go to EDIT - >Special Sr no. function ->Manual Transaction - >Check the Box - TO customer - > Enter.

3.Save & Exit

This will change the status of serial number to ECUS i.e Material with that serial number is with customer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is more releted to MM so put it on MM forum for relevent and fast answer.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use T code IQ01/02/03 to enter serial number for your material. Also once material issued to customer change the status of material as NOT AVAILABLE (this requires extension ABAP code).

try and revert