cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print to E-Mail - NW 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I wanted to send PO, Sales Order and Other documents to Output Device E-Mail and send it to users; I have defined output device E-Mail with Access Method M. Not Maintained E-Mail address on it.

When user need to Print, they select that Output Device E-Mail; however there is no option to enter the recipient address. In SAP help it mention up to 6.20 it'll give option to add recipient. However in NW 7 we don't have that option.

Please advice how do we have to configure this option to send E-Mail to any recipient we wanted.

SAP Help Doc. Details.

The system first checks whether the user has already entered an e-mail address in the print window that appears after the user triggers the print function. If this is the case, the system sends the e-mail to this address.

If the user in the print window selects an output device with access method M for printing using e-mail (and for releases up to SAP Web AS 620, then chooses enter), a field appears, in which the user can enter an e-mail address if required. The length of this mail address is restricted to 50 characters.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SAP help it mention up to 6.20 it'll give option to add recipient. However in NW 7 we don't have that option.

Please advice how do we have to configure this option to send E-Mail to any recipient we wanted.

That is not correct. When you print to access method 'M' and you don't have an output device specified as a default in your profile it will ask you to select the printer. Below the output device select field it has a field "Mail Address" where you input the address you want it sent. If you don't input an address it uses the address from your profile.

You must just leave the "EMAIL Address" field blank when specifying the access method in SPAD.

--

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

I did the same, not mentioned EMail in SPAD, EMail and kept it blank, also for your not assigned default Printer, when it try to print it ask for Output device and we selected the device with Access method M and it does not maintan any degault E-Mail.

However after i select device it does not has any field to enter E-Mail of recepient.

This is the problem.

Thanks.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have SAPWIN as your device type and have you configured email in SCOT ?

--

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we have device type with and SAPWIN and SCOT also configured

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. The only thing I can suggest then is you go through [this document|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/6d/44193c45f9fa13e10000000a114084/content.htm] carefully. Check the authorization prerequisites especially. Also check Note 513352 - Printing by e-mail.

--

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still not solved, I checked the same note.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just did a check on one of my systems and initially it also did not show the "Mail Address" field. I then selected the output device with M access method and chose "Properties". After choosing properties and going back to "Print ALV List" the Mail Address field had magically appeared. Strange, try it and see if you get the same result, seems like a bug.

--

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i also found that now, how ever eg. for PO print it does not show that property button and so we could not able to use that option, anyway thaks for support.

Answers (0)