Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about posting

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

One invoice (SD) posted to year 2007 is cancelled by mistake. As FI posting in year 2007 is closed, the invoice has to be posted to current month (year 2009).

For such posting, I got some questions.

1. What should FI do further?

2. What impact on FI?

Pls advise. Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the period for 2007 was closed means, there is no change of making mistakes like canceling the SD invoices in previous dates. This might be happened since the period for 2007 was kept opened. Check the periods opened in OB52. To rectify this, you have create an Customer invoice through FI. The transaction code is FB70. Note the details of the canceled Invoice. For example: Customer account debited amount (Customer number); Sales revenue account credited (GL account); tax account credited (GL account). This FI invoice is to be created in the same date of the original SD invoice. Keep that period opened (say 2007) by OB52. Pass a JV (journal voucher) (in other words FI invoice). Now the canceled in invoice is created through FI. This is not the best practice. Don't keep the periods opened unnecessarily. This scenario was tested in IDES, working fine.

Hope this information will be useful to you.

Regards,

k Bharathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

Do you mean that the solution is to use OB52 re-open FI posting, then use FB70 to create FI invoice directly? However, the original invoce is outbound delivery relevance. In other words, the outbound delivery will keep open as no invoce is created.

Why not re-post invoice in this year since year 2007 is closed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming, the Financial statement for 2007 were freezed and closed. Now by error the invoice is cancelled in current year. This will have impact to 2007 Financial Statements. That is the key reason in earlier response it is mentioned to create an FI posting in the period of 2007, so that the impact nullifies.

Also ensure that though the Delivery is reflecting in Billing due list, do not create an Invoice for the same. Also consult with FI Consultant, what is the best route to handle the issue.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

So, just let the sales order alone whlie make adjustment directly in FI, right? Moreover, I found this is related to inter-company sales.

The current document flow shows accounting document for inter-company billing "not cleared" on Aug. 31, 2007 while accounting document for invoice shows "cleared". On Nov. 27, 2009, cancelled invoice & invoice shows "open" but without accounting document due to posting to year 2007 closes.

I have checked with FI consultant here. But he agrees to re-post invoice in SD to year 2009. And no need to adjust in FI. The answer from him differs from most of you. So, I want to clarify my undertanding of your adivce is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the FI is fine with posting in 2009, then you can go ahead with it. But ensure that you have a written confirmation.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
posted to year 2007 is cancelled by mistake

in which year, the cancelled document were posted ?? Also for 2007, since all FI audited balance sheet would have been closed and we are not suppose to make any changes once the records are audited, the only option now is pass a JV.

Since right now I dont have access to SAP, I am unable to test this scenario for FI implications.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

The original invoice is posted to year 2007. In this year, it's cancelled by mistake.

What do you mean by JV?

Former Member
0 Kudos

JV refers to FI Journal Voucher entry, which is done by Finance team.