Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert form view data into table view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have

--> a form view with three input fields and a button(ADD)

--> a table view with three columns.

Both views in same page.

My requirement is when a user enters the three inputs and click button (ADD) all the inputs entered should be inserted in the below table view.

User can be able to enter multiple lines by clicking ADD again and again with different inputs.

How to insert rows from a form view event (ADD) into table view?

Thanks&Regards,

karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which 'System Action' are you using in the 'Add' button? You need to use 'Insert Row' Action. When you select this below the action you will get one box 'Apply To' there you select the table. Then save & deploy the model, you will get what you want.

Caution - THis data will not get stored in the table permenently, once you close this model you will loose all the data.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sandeep,

Thanks for your reply.I tried your option but a blank row is inserted without values. How to pass the values from input fields to the table on insert?

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are connecting form output to the input of table. On the connecting line 'right click' & go to configure element. Assign the fields from the form in the 'Assigned Value' box. Select the event which is nothing but 'Insert Row'. you will get the values in the table.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have no option as 'Assigned Value' box in "Configure Element" and also in that "Data flow box" event name is also disabled.

What may be the reason?

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My Mistake, no need to do al that. Go as per my first reply, except when you select 'Apply to' box. After selecting the system action as 'Insert Row' then you will get 'Apply To' box there you select 'Self' & then join output of the form to the input of the table. You will get required result.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sandeep,

This is what I did previously.It is not working.No action.

Regards,

Karthik

Answers (0)