cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to configure a scenario as described below by using BPM - User decision option in PI7.1 not in CE

Scenario:

1. user will send a Sales order from a Web application.

2. i have to capture the data from that application.

Q1: will i get the data to PI from that application directly, if so what are the steps needs to configure.

or do i need to ask then send as XML, if so it is file to file scenario?

3. once i got the data to PI, i have to create a BPM integartion process with User decision Step.

Q2: my requirement is from input data filed value "approval limit comes as 100000, 500000, 1000000 and 2000000.

so if limit is up to 100000then user1 has to approve

if limit is >100000 and <500000 then user1 has to check and user2 has to approve

if limit is >500000 and <1000000 then User1,user2 has to check and User3 can approve.

so here requirement is every user has their own Inbox and can able to check orders related to their limit. how can we make this in BPM-process in PI.

Please provide teh stpes to proceed to get the above user approval concept in BPM

thanQ....SARAN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Refer below link it explained how to use user decision step

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/UserDecisionstepinSAPPI7.1-Part+I

Regards,

Raj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And the second part: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/userDecisionstepinSAPPI7.1-Part+II

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi reja sekhar,

thanks for reply...i saw that link ..but is shows for single user....can you please explain me how to proceed for 5 users as i explained above...

1.how many user decision steps required for my scenario.

2.do i need to kept 5 switch steps?

3. how to assign users

4. where we can assin 5 suers and every one can able to see their inbox only.

5. do ineed to create ABAP Users for all 5....

please explain ...Thanks in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

please let me know if any updates (how to proceed) regarding my requirement with User Decision.

Thanks ain Advance.....SARAN

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if limit is up to 100000then user1 has to approve
if limit is >100000 and <500000 then user1 has to check and user2 has to approve
if limit is >500000 and <1000000 then User1,user2 has to check and User3 can approve.

you need to have three Condition branches in your Switch step....if you observe in the wiki-1 then only one is used to check if the value is greater than 5000....similarly you will need three branches.

The users (3) need to be created in your PI system...i.e should have acces to tcode SBWP ....developer access is insufficient to login to tcode SBWP....as of now dont know exactly which role is needed (other then admin)..will try checking for this....if experts know the necessary role do post it.

Regards,

Abhishek.