cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can A Query open up a Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Is there any possibilities to pass file path to a query and get the query to open the document

example :

Query 1 pass the file path(c:/doc/abc.pdf) to Query 2

Query 2 open the abc.pdf

If this is possible please let me know how to get this done or the alternative to archive this result

Thanking you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saravanan,

Do you mean to say that when you jump on a query , the jump target should be a document ? is this in BeX or WAD ?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

My current query result shows the file path (c:/doc/abc.pdf)

is it possible for me to click on the path and get the document opened up (can be in BEx or WAD)otherwise can i pass this path to another query which will opened up the document based on the path?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it: place a command button in Excel sheet, place a code on this button click subroutine, and write there a code that will read the path and open the file.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

thank you for the reply but i'm doing this in the web template and displaying the path using table web item. Can you please guide me abit how the routine could read the path from the table or should i use any other web item to show the result in the web?

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saravanan,

All you have to do is modify the cell using the table modifier. In the same you could have some javascript to open the document in a new window.

Another option would be to use documents but guess you would have exhausted that option ...

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Arun.

I hope i dont bother you too much but could you provide more detail about the table modifier.