cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy question - Overwrite an existent client...?

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I want to know if there is a problem to do a client copy over on a existent client, this is, now I have to do a client copy from 300 to 400 but the client 400 exists in the system, and I want to know if it´s possible and is any problem to do this or before this I must delete the client 400 and only after that I can do a copy from 300 to 400...?!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no problem in doing a client copy over an existing client.

If you use the profile SAP_ALL during the copy, you will get an exact copy of the source client.

I would suggest - do not waste time deleting client 400. Just do an SAP_ALL copy from 300 to 400.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Everything depends on the size of your target client 400.

If this client contains a lot of data I recommend that you first perform a client delete via SCC5.

Otherwise you risk that your client copy will fail (extend problems, undo problems, ...) or will take too long (because data in 400 also needs to be deleted).

Advantage of deleting the client first is that the actual client copy will go much faster (because nothing needs to be deleted anymore).

Deletes during client copy or client delete often take most of the time, because this is done via non optimized SQL statements like (delete from table where mandt = '400').

There are a lot of SAP Notes to optimize client copies and especially client deletes !

Wim

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wim Van,

Thanks for your advice and warning...

First at all I´ll do a client deletion of 400, and now I´m in SCC5 and it show me an option which is T000... I found in help.sap this description of this particulary option, but nothing more information:

"You can also specify whether you want to delete the client from the client administration (T000)."

I don´t understand well what this make, can you tell me better what´s this and if exist some advantage to enable this option for a client deletion?

Best regard,

João Dimas - Portugal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Table T000 contains the list of clients and their details... if you delete the client from T000 you'll have to recereate via SCC4 before doing the copy again, if you want to retain the client info don't delete it.

Regards

Juan

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juan Reyes,

Ok, I had already understood which means that table on client copy enviroment!

Thanks anyway by help me!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

First check ...whether u have any thing Important in client 400??If no..

I think its better you delete by scc5 and create a new client ..then

carry on with client copy.I guess this is better.

Regards,

Manjula U