Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Destinations error

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to change the Web AS ABAP in JCo Destination in NWA in PI 7.1 for the following:

WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST

WD_ALV_MODELDATA_DEST

WD_MODELDATA_DEST

WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST

Please advice where I need to make the changes to reflect proper Web AS ABAP.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I presume you required these Jco destination creation for WEBDynpro. Thus, please follow below steps and URL provided for more information on WEBDynpro administration.

-Logon to NWA

- Choose Web Dynpro ->Content Administrator .

- Click Maintain JCo Destinations(You may see both JCo destinations already exist but have the status Red.

- Click Create in one of the destinations.

- Enter the ABAP client.

- Define the configuration of the JCo pool for the JCo destination.

- Assign the JCo destination to a J2EE Engine cluster.

- Select the data type for the JCo destination and the corresponding connection type.

- The JCo destination WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST is assigned to type Dictionary Metadata; WD_ALV_MODELDATA_DEST is assigned the data type Application Data.

- Specify the message server, system name and logon group of the ABAP system in SLD that is used by the JCo connection.

- Under authentication method choose that you want to use to authenticate users. Enter valid User/Password for authentication

- Click on Finish.

For more information on creating/modifying WD_MODELDATA_DEST, WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST ...Please refer to below URL of SAP.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-tec...

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Sekhar

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

The problem is that the Message Server Connection is showing wrong Message Server Name and System Name instead of the right Server/System Name and it is not changable. I was wondering where I need to make these changes to reflect proper system name. The JCo Destination Setup in Web Dynpro does not allow me to change the system name. I was wondering if this can be changed in NWA. If I ping or test these JCo Destinations in Web Dynpro Content Administrator, it is failing because of incorrect Message Server Name and System ID.

Thanks,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

I understood your problem and that's why i gave you detailed response.

so please ensure you are using 'Administrator' account (or equaliant) to perform this change. And also, your ABAP system must be registered in SLD before it can be used in your JCo Destination configuration.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your SLD or Central SLD configuration and same group name you need to assign in ABAP level (SMLG).

If your SLD configuration worng you can't configure Jco connection.

Thanks

Jibin.

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SMLG, there is no logon group assigned. Also, how do I check if SLD configuration is correct and if wrong then how do I correct it so the JCo connections can be corrected and working?

Thanks.

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

First configure the SLD on the concerned system.

In order to choose the correct message server details while creating Jco ,you need to configure logon groups in that system in SMLG.

Once any group Public etc is created ,you can see that system in SLD Jco destinations.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

How diff. the latest response from my one of the previous responses.

your ABAP system must be registered in SLD before it can be used in your JCo Destination configuration

Regards

Sekhar

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if I could remove the existing JCo Destinations and recreate them again? Instead of changing the Web AS ABAP in JCo Destination for the following. Could this help me in pointing to the right system and connect? If these JCo destinations are not absolutely necessary for the normal operation, could I leave it as is until time permits?

WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST

WD_ALV_MODELDATA_DEST

WD_MODELDATA_DEST

WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST

Thanks,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

As I mentioned in first response, you can always create new entries or modify the existing entries but you need to ensure that the corresponding entries are existing in the SLD.

Specify the message server, system name and logon group of the ABAP system in SLD that is used by the JCo connection.

Otherwise, if you are NOT in use of NWDI functionality then you either delete them or if you have time to resolve the issue you may experment in modifying the existing ones/ create new ones.

Regards

Sekhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Closing this thread as no further replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

see SLDCHECK transaction in ABAP system and then try to resolve the problem also one more thing check rz70 check out whether itis pointing to right SLDHOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should be an issue with SLD

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Logon gourp is not manditory while creating any JCO, pick the default setting present in JCO.

Also, paste the contain of log file default.trc after you get an error, which will give specific error which you are getting.

Thanks

Anil