cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Queue Manager details from MQMD headers for synchronous communication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement for synchronous messages between MQ and Proxy. MQ being at sender side.

The response need to go to a queue which is a clustered queue. the Queue manager name present in the MQMD header of request. PI need to read the MQMD value from request and use it to decide the queue manager at runtime for sending the response back.

Is it possible in PI? We have some settings for correlation id which only tells how to incoming set the correlation id & how to send it back with response.

Thanks for all help in advance

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Using standard functionality of JMS adapter its not possible to read MQMD parameter values in MQ,i had done similar requirement to change the MQMD.MsgID value in MQ series using Adapter Module.

explain your requirement bit clearly,i will help you..

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

My requirement as below-

The sender application specifies the response queue and queue manager in MQMD header when it send the request to PI. The response queue is same in all the cases but the response queue manager is different every time.

PI need to read the response Queue manager details from MQMD header of request and use these details while sending the response back to sender application.

I went through JMS adapter properties and not found helpful for above solution.

Thanks,

Sandeep

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

as i already mentiuon its not possible to read MQMD Parameters values in MQ series using standard adapter,try with module,for that you need some jar file mq,you know bit MQ programming.

Regards,

Raj

former_member646260
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Sorry to reply to your very old message, but I have a similar requirement as yours, to write the MQMD.MsgId from the payload and was wondering if you have any inputs on how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Praveen