cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable field in text module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to use text module in my Adobe form to display text .

Problem is variable part is not coming on the print of adobe . ie

My text is:

in the period from &EMPLOYEE_DETAIL-PERIOD& you have not paid your tax:

Now EMPLOYEE_DETAIL is a structure in context of form with period as field .

I want that data stored in this field should come in adobe,right now insted of data &EMPLOYEE_DETAIL-PERIOD& comes ie this is consided as text

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you need to use a text in a context. So in transaction SFP, right side, form context you can add a text (dynamic, include etc.) where you can use standard SO10 with variables. There are some things you need to do to make this work:

1) the variable must exist in your form interface

2) in the SO10 transaction you need to use "add" button to add the variable, according to my experience text variables doesn´t work when ou just paste the variable name in the text, you must use this "add" button

To check if this work you can debug the ABAP code (before it reaches form context) and turn on the form trace (if the value makes it to the form).

Hope this helps, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried this when i click on the add icon in SO10 i am getting a pop up screen with the following option. can you please help me which option to select and how to define the variable?

Options given in pop up screen

1. Symbols,

2. Command,

3. Text Element,

4. Comment,

5. SAP Characters

6. Link

6.1 Char Format

6.2 Key

6.3 Text

if suppose i am using the wrong button plese tell me where i can find this add button.

Thanks and Regards,

Karunakaran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried this when i click on the add icon in SO10 i am getting a pop up screen with the following option. can you please help me which option to select and how to define the variable?

Options given in pop up screen

1. Symbols,

2. Command,

3. Text Element,

4. Comment,

5. SAP Characters

6. Link

6.1 Char Format

6.2 Key

6.3 Text

if suppose i am using the wrong button plese tell me where i can find this add button.

Thanks and Regards,

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To do so you need to use a so called floating field (found under "Insert -> Floating Field" in Designer). Later you can define a default binding for this floating field. Floating fields can be inserted into static text fields.

So you have to add a static text field. Place the cursor at the position inside the text where you need the floating field and then use the Designer menu to add the floating field. Later you define the binding for the floating field to the node in your data view which contains the details on the period.

Regards,

Juergen