cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM Gurus,

Our Client Requirement is when ever a Usuage Decision was Taken For the INSPECTION lOT,System has to navigate to batch Classification ,to Update the Batch Characteristic Values manually.Pl Provide the Solution.

Regards,

PSV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

There is no link between MIC and Batch Charecteristics maintained ,so MIC Results Recorded will not update Batch Charecteristics,Batch Charecteristics that were maintained are Different from MIC.

Ex: VALUE For a MIC like PH:7.0,and Batch Charecteristic is Application.

if the value of PH is Different,the Application Value also will differs,which the user want to update manually in Batch Classification Manually.

Regards

Sudhakar

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess I'm not following you either. Was that just an example? Cause pH and Application are not even remotely close.

I can understand where you had a gerneral characteristic called PH and a mic called PH but you had never linked them. Why not link them now? The set the value in config for "batch valuation w/o material spec".

As long as you link the general characteristic in the MIC master data, then the value will automatically transfer.

Now if you have 20 different PH mic's that all need to update the same batch characteristic then you have a bigger problem.

But I would at all costs bit the bullet now and get a one-to-one relationship so the batch record is updated automatically. Forcing double entry for every future result for all time is NOT effective, it is costly, and will result in transcription errors.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

On UD you can call transaction MSC2N. Its available in follow up action of selected set(3 Catalog)& please explore on the same.

If you can call MSC2N/MSC5N at UD, change the batch characteristics accordingly.

One more option is to call MSC2N in QA32( You have to use a BADI for this )

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happens automatically. Why do you want to update it manually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When ever your entering values for result recording, these values can be automatically passed to the batch characteristics.

Plz let me know if this is your requirment.