cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Entries in Out-Queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we've got a very big problem in oure CRM Mobiles Sales 3.0. In the Out-Queues we've got wrong entries, which have other Queue-ID's than they expecet to have but they've got the same transaction-ID.

When the clients now try to make conntrans, they get an error message: Internal error in incomming datastream.

Is there any report to clean up the Out-Queues, and fix the problem?

If you know a solution for this problem, please let me know.

Best regards

Christian Rodemeister

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Please log a Support Msg through http://service.sap.com or if you have Solution Manager you can also log msgs through this....

Please put as much detail as possible into the msg including any short dumps (st22) error queue entries & any sysfails on queue. The more info the better...

Also, if you can do an sql trace and attach it to the msg that would be very helpful...

Please log the msg under component CRM-MSA-ADP..

This is a support issue & needs to be handled by support

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you know the kind of data in queues, please delete the outbound queues and try to synchronize the mobile data once again.

Thanks.

Ajay Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

and thanks for your answer. This kind of solution we tried out for every single queue and every wrong entry.

But there are too many queues and too many wrong entries, so we are not able to handle this any more.

We have to many mobile clients which can not make any conntrans. And we really want to know how we can solve the problem.

Greets Christian

KaushalShah
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Instead of searching for wrong entries, you can delete entire queue. And then run full extract. That will result in longer conntrans, but atleast that will be less time consuming.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I think I have to get a little more detailed.

We have about 300 clients and nearly everyone has got about 2 till 20 wrong entries in his queue.

If we delete all queues this will took about 3 days and afterwards, if then everything on the system is still OK, the extract of all queues will took us about 5-6 days.

What I need is a solution and a reason why these wrong entries occured.

Why is it possible that an entry for another queue exists with a doubled transaction ID in a queue of another client.

If you have any idear please let me know.

Thanks a lot for your help, and all usefull ideas.

Christian

KaushalShah
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this hasn't happened because of any of your custom coding, and if this is your production environment, I would suggest raising a high priority OSS message so that SAP can help you restoring these queues.

Regards,

Kaushal