cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order - Parner Functions (Mandatory Fields)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the requirement I have created a new partner function (Consignee) at the header level of Sales order. While entering the order, User enter the address details for the Consignee partner.

There are three mandaory fields in the address details (Name, City, Country). I want to make only Name as mandatory other fields are optional. I have tried in SPRO - FI - Accounts receivable - creat customer layout. But which is not working.

Could you please suggest what is best process to remove the mandatory fields at address details screen.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

T.Code: SPRO

Financial Accounting >> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable >> Customer Accounts >> Master Data >> Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data >> Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)

Select Account Group (say Z001) >> General Data >> Address >> Make 'Postal Code, City' as optional. Ideally this will work. I have tried it in my Ides system. Country will still be required field.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Edited by: Rajesh Banka on Nov 30, 2009 9:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Since we are deviating from the actual requirement I am eloborating the scenario. I have created a partner function called Consignee and assigned to sales order header partner function proceder. The Consignee is the person who picks my stock. So i need to provide the address at the time of creation of sales order.

Some times I may not have Country and City details. I will save with only Name. But system will not allow me to save with out entering the other details Called (City, Country). I want to remove this mandatory fields. How can i do? Please suggest.

I have tried in OBD2 by removing the mandtory fileds. But it s not working in Sales order level. It works at Customer master level.

Thansk & regards

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ugamesh,

I have seen similar issues in most of the Engineering company. Let me tell you a process work arround. Most of the consignee is known at the time of delivery. So ideally Consignee(ship-to-party) can be created just before the time of delivery and give authorization to create Consignee to users who is creating the sales orders and control creation of other account groups to customer creators.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know if there is any inputs on this problem. It is very Essential. I am looking for a solution with out customization.

Thansk & regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since there is a limit and I have to raise a another question I am closing this.

Thanks & regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OBD2 tcode for your account group:

The account group in SAP determine the followings:

• the interval for the account numbers

• whether the number is assigned internally by the SAP system or externally by the user manually (type of number assignment)

• whether it is a one-time account

• which fields are ready for input or require filled when creating and changing master records (field status)

In the customer master there willl be tabs and in each tab u hav the feilds. To make the setiings as Optional/Mandatory/.... double click each tab in OBD2 and then set your field

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check following things

1. if u have created new account group for your new partner function then check for this account group which fields u have maintained as required in T.code OBD2.

2. in Spro >>SD>> BASIC Functions >> Partner determination

Please check whether you have amintianed settings for customer master ,sales order header and delivery for both header and item as well.

do check partner function to account group settings for SH to 0002.

Check whether new consignee has been created in proper account group and whether you have assigned the same in master data of sold to party.

I think checking these setting will reolve the issue.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no STANDARD CONFIGURATION for Setting the fields as Mandatory or Option.

This settin will be there in the USER EXIT MV45AFZZ

Search for the ACCOUNT GROUP in that user exit and remove the fields as madatory.

please cehck and revert back

regards,

santosh