cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection points in inspection plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello QM gurus,

I am trying to implement time based inspection. I can see the reference parameters(time-based, qty-based etc) in master recipe in operation details screen but I don't see the reference parameters in Inspection plan detail screen. I have maintained the 150 - time/qty based inspection points in the header and used QM01 as control key. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Mithun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check the Flow Variants for Inspection Point Completion

Variant 1: Quantity, Valuation, and Cofirmation (production)

Variant 2:Quantity, Valuation (production)

Variant 3: Valuation

Variant 4: Automatic Valuation Based on Inspection Point Definition

Variants 1 to 4

For an inspection during production: Variants 2 and 3 allow you to call up the confirmation transaction separately.

Variants 3 or 4

For maintenance orders: You can call up the confirmation transaction separately when you are on the valuation screen.

For sample processing: No confirmation is defined for this case.

So A quantity assignment and confirmation are not possible for this task list type:Q

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

Thanks for your timely response. Is there a workaround for doing time/qty based inspections for inspection type 04? We have the requirement to do the time/qty based inspection for both in-process and post production inspections.

Thanks,

Mithun.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection points can be used with 04 inspection lots. Is that your question?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, time based inspection for 04 inspection type using inspection plans.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what is your question? IP's work fine in inspection plans. Select inspection points in the inspection plan header.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but when I go to operation details in inspection plan and scroll down till Quality Management: Inspection points I don't see any parameters for specifying time if it's time based inspection. Are you seeing anything different here?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry. IP are allowed for 04 inspections. However only freely defined inspection points are supported in standard SAP. If you look at the text document associated with the config for "Define Identifier for Inspection Points" it specifically says in there that:

"If you use freely defined inspection points with inspection plans

outside the production area, the time-based or quantity-based inspection

interval and the management of batches or partial lots is not supported."

I do think however you can do the following.

Make a copy of 150 Generated insp. point, quantity or time.

Call it 151 Generated insp. point, quantity or time for 04.

Make a copy of QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE and link it to the 151 insp point identifer.

On the operation header go to the section "user-specifc fields" . I think you'll have one choice of "000001" in "Field Key" selection as delivered in standard SAP. You can have up to 4 text fields, 2 date fields, and 4 value fields. Decide which one to use and enter in the quantity you want to use for the creation of your inspection points.

You can then modify your copy of QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE to look up this value from the operation header. Use it in the FM to create your inspection points. You will probably need a good ABAP'er for this as you may need to modify other sections of the FM to get it to work with the 04 inspection lots. But my suspicions are that the only reason it doesn't work with 04's is that the insp. plan operations don't have a place to keep the qty or time info like a receipe operation does.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. Now I am with you. That's a great suggestion and I'll check with development team if they can take this up.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me know if you decide to tackle that development. I'm very curious as to how difficult it might be to make that FM work with the 04 inspection lots.

Craig

Answers (0)