cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control over Suppliment of budget to child wbs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

My scenario is that I have a budget allocated to the Parent WBS " HEADER" say for eg budget allocated to parent wbs is 100 under which I have two child wbs with budget allocated 50 respective to each child wbs, as of now the wbs is exhaused till here everything is okie, but when the end user suppliments the budget to the child wbs using tcode cj36 it accepts the value and the bedget at header also changes from original budget 100 to the budget suplimented.

As of now budget of child level wbs does not exceed the parent wbs it gives an error message , but then when u suppliment the budget to child wbs it accepts .

My Requiremnt is that budget of child level wbs should not exceed the budget of parent wbs when additional budget is supplimented at child level

Regards

Sunaina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we do budgeting by using CJ30 and it is Original Budget, any budget updates like transfer or suppliments gets updated in Current Budget. This can be seen in budget update reports S_ALR_87013560.

As per standard,budget suppliments to any WBS(Header or at child level) can not be restricted.

regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is always difference between original budget and Supliment.

In cj30 if u assign budget at lower level WBSE then you need to execute total up function to get same amount at header level and at same time it will check distribution also, like if you have 100 at header level then you can distribute to lower level as per ur requirement but value should not exceed 100. this check is available in CJ30.

ur example H- 100

H-1 :- 50

H-2:- 50

so now in case of supliment if you supliment 20 to H-1 and 30 to H-2 then system auomatically supliment 50 to H.

you can check same thing in ur budget update report.here u can differentiate your original budget and supliments too.

S_ALR_87013560 - Budget updates

Venkatesh

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

further to Venkatesh's post

you need to check out budget distribution (not IM) and also budget release - read SAP help for more details or search forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkatesh ,

I completely agree with your answer, But is it any way possible to control the supplement budget given to the child wbs

Regards