cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C& F agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to know how a C& F agent is to be mapped in the system i.e. as a plant or as a Storage loc or as a Sales office.

We have around 20 C&F agents across the country. So if I consider them as Storage loc within one plant say C&F then how will the taxes be reflected in case of sale, how can I differentiate the sale done by each C&F?

I have gone through this forum for the same but the answers are not clear as per my requirement.

My assumption is that we can have better control if each C&F is treated as a plant rather than a Sloc. If it was just for the movement of goods from one plant to C&F location I think Sloc is enough but if we want to track the sales from the C&F then we might require to go with the plant concept.

Please suggest how can it be mapped.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes u are right in your as per SAP,you need to map C&F Agent as PLANT only which comes under one company code

and can assign to one or more SALES Organization.Under said Plant( C&F) u can have Storage location such as First floor as 001 and second floor as 002 etc.

As C&F can have located in different area so that have different TAX implication and to have diffrent TAX implicationu need to define it as plant in given scinerio.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

Thanks for the suggestion. But should I create 20 plants one each for the C&F or just one Plant with 20 Storage locations.

Regards,

Karthik.

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per my understanding u need to create 20 Plant rather than going for storage location. I am giving this suggestion because I have done the same and having no issue at all .For any other clrification revert back .

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

Yes, I also vouch for Plants but since we are going on a global platform wherein the implementation is either going on or completed in other countries the Global team are debating on the possibility of using Storage location over Plants.

Actaully we have currently mapped the same as plants so when we are going for the globalisation in the ECC version i.e. fresh implementation we have to decide which is better.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Karthik.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have gone ahead with mapping the C&F agents as plants for the taxation and inventory clarity.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you ask me, they can be treated as ship to party rather going to have them as plants. This will address the tax issue also and you can generate reports based on ship to party also.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I understand we would require to create C&F as our customer too, but if I create them as just Ship-to-Party how will I account the stocks at those C&F locations?

Regards,

Karthik.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two options are there if you want to address tax and stock account.

1) Go for consignment fillup process via SD route.

2) On the other hand, you can have different storage locations for all ship to parties and follow MM route by stock transferring from one storage location to ship to party location. As and when the goods are pulled out from there, you can follow SD route by creating sale order, delivery and billing to that extent.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathi,

Can u please explain how consignment fill up is going to help adress the tax issue..

I am planning for the same for my client...

Regards,

Pankaj