cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement to Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to do the Settlement to Sales Order.

In the Project I maintain the Settlement Rule for the Each and Every WBS as uppar WBS, and the Final Upper WBS/ 1st Level WBS i maintained to Settlement Rule to Sales Order Lilne Item. ( Before i created Sales Order and I assinged 1st Level WBS to that Sales Order)

When i am doing Settlement Rule for the 1st level WBS, system shows, the following mesage

The sales document is assigned to WBS element XXXXX

Message no. V1139

Diagnosis

The sales order item contains a project account assignment.

Procedure

Enter the number of a work breakdown structure element which is included in the same project definition as the work breakdown structure element from the sales order item or assign a sales order item without project assignment.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is working when you are using Assembly Processing .

Lets wait for other responses from other guys.

Regards,

Muzamil

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed Rifaee,

Yes, That is the reason it shows the warning message. We are using Q,

Regards

Edited by: raj on Nov 28, 2009 12:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What are things are reqiored from the Project side, if we want to settle to Sales Order Llie Item.

Regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your customization in SD & MM derives the Account assignment for Sales Order as "Q" i.e., Project is the cost object. and now you are trying to settle to Sales Order, which is not correct. Because here sales order is not a cost object. If you want to settle it to Sales Order the account assignment category should be E or D.

Now I suggest you to discuss with your FICO and SD consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virendra Pal,

Can you look into this matter.

Regards

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The post referred by Muzamil is a good one. Also Ahmed has pointed out the settings where we can determine/set if sales order is a cost collector.

Basically you have to decide using account assignment category what you want to use your sales order and WBS for? We know that sales orde collects revenue. Now we can set for the sales orde to collect costs also. Sales order is also a cost collector like WBS, internal order, network activity etc

If Sales Order is a cost collector, then you can settle any WBS cost to the sales order. In this case there is no need to link sales order to WBS as both costs and revenue are in the sales order.

If sales order is not a cost collector, then you link the sales order to the billing WBS element - this reflects the revenue from the sales order to WBS (dependency - planning profile), now all cost are in WBS. The question then is why would you settle to sales order from WBS?? - This is your scenario Raj and hence the error. In this scenario both revenues and costs are in WBS.

Regards

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virendra Pal, Muzamil & Ahmed,

Thanqu for giving prompt replay. I had one doubt, this Account Assignment Category belongs to Purchase Requistion or Sales Order. In my Senario the PR raised from the Project System. Purchse Requisition automatically takes 'Q" as the Account Assignment from the Project System. In this case how can we handle to Account Assignment Category "D" or "E"

Regards

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As your scenario is of Assembly processing. You have to consider how the requirement type & Requirment class get determined for the Material entered in your Sales Order. You might be aware but check below link how the requirement type & Class get determined in case of Assembly processing.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ab/5d487a733311d2b6600000e82d8bd1/content.htm

Either you might be using SD Item Category or Material Master Main Stretgy will be prevailing for determining requirement type. From that you find the Requirement class And in requirement class there will Acct. Assign Category ..

Also check you customization in below nod.

IMG>PS>Material>Control of Sales-Order-Related Production>Selection of Requirements Type Through MRP Group

IMG>PS>Material>Control of Sales-Order-Related Production>Selection of Requirements Type Through SD Item Category

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks,

Muzamil