cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Objects which is deleted in QA lansdcape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Friends:

We are transporting all objects in a namespace from DEV to QA using CTS+, the namespace was transpoted to QA previously and was deleted manually in QA.

There is no error during the transport, the namesapce is just now showing up.

We also tried to export / import using file system, it does not help. (even we saw 19 objects was imported successfully)

Any suggestions ?

We are using PI 7.1 EHP1

Thanks and Regards

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Nov 27, 2009 9:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delete the complete SWCV from the QA environment and then again import the same from Dev....with the changes made in Dev itself.....refresh the cache (if needed) and check....objects will get reflected.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

We also tried to export / import using file system, it does not help. (even we saw 19 objects was imported successfully)

What went wrong with CTS+ that you have to use file transport?

Please elaborate your issue.

Regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Nov 27, 2009 2:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Neetesh:

Nice to hear from you.

What happens to us is that we have a scenario was tranported to QA ealier, but during the test, we manually modified some objects in QA which is not recommended.

The subsequent transport will not get Dev version running in QA even we resolved the conflict version by choosing using conflict version.

So we tried to remove the scenario from QA, and transport again. Now the problem is that subsequent transport can not carry over any objects. even there is no error for the transport, but the objects was not showing up in the QA landscape.

Therefore, we also tried using file system export import, but at end of the import, we can see that 19 objects are successfully imported, but there is nothing showing up in the QA.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Nov 27, 2009 10:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

Now I got your point. It can be a problem with the cache. The objects deleted in QA will be having the same GUID as the objects you are trying to import from Dev.

Do a full CPACache refresh and let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Neetash:

I refereshed the CPA cache and it does not help.

any more suggestions ?

Thanks

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

After doing the CPA Cache refresh, have you tried re-importing the objects from Dev? Try File transport in this case ...

I am not too much in favor on deleting the SWCV, it is not a good practice to do that ... but if nothing helps, then you can take a final shot on that.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally we end up with new namespace.

Copied everything from old namesapce to new one.

Thanks for the ideas guys

Liang