cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Planning Level by variable on attaributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a characteristic "A". Another Char "B " is an attribute of "A".Char "A" is in the planning level. The requirement is to restrict the planning level using some user entry variable on "B". Is it possible?

Please let me know how can i achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

-S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamim,

Thanks for your response.

However, I don't think that the help topic covers my question. Please let me know if I've not been able to understand.

Regards,

-S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this help doc:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0e/8007d983d011d3b72e0000e82debc6/content.htm

which says

Restricting Characteristics in the Planning Level

The values of a particular characteristic can either be restricted in the planning level or in the planning packages that are assigned to the level. A selection of values for the same characteristic in the planning level and also in the planning package is not possible.

If you restrict characteristics in the planning level to certain values, this restriction applies for all planning packages that are assigned to this planning level.

When you use some planning functions, the system will determine that characteristic value restrictions must be made at specific levels of the planning architecture.

When deciding which characteristics to restrict in the planning level and which to restrict in the planning package, SAP recommends the following procedure:

· Characteristics whose values should be kept constant for a particular planning task should be restricted in the planning level. This has the advantage that you make the setting centrally in one place and can change it with little effort if required. Typical candidates for a selection in the planning level are, for example, fiscal year or currency.

· Characteristics whose values are appropriate for delimiting planning subtasks should be restricted in the planning package. In this way you can split the whole task into subtasks that do not overlap. You can then assign them to a particular person responsible. Typical candidates to be selected in the planning package are, for example, article or customer.

hope thats helpful.....

sham'm