cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with RFC popups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a requirement to work with a ABAP RFC that saves a file in the user's C drive. The problem is that this RFC seems to display a weird message when ran in SAP GUI, something that looks like a pop-up.

The problem is that when I run the RFC using a web dynpro screen, I get the following error message:

Exception condition "UNKNOWN_ERROR" raised., error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

I've read that this error might be caused by the pop-up the RFC is trying to open. However I haven't been able to find a solution from the web dynpro side, besides using another RFC (and in this case, it doesn't seem to be an option)...

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

If its a popup from RFC itself try executing it from se37. If the popup comes there also then you need to suppress this popup from backend itself. You can suppress this popup only when it get executed from se37 so that the functionality will be available for other transactions. Then you will not receive this exception when executed from portal.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies.

Actually I just found out the function that causes the error in ABAP... It's called WS_DOWNLOAD. When the BAPI I execute from my web dynpro application calls this function, that's when it crashes. This BAPI has to save a file in the user's C drive. I'm not so sure now that the error is caused by this pop-up....

Is there anyway to solve this? Maybe someone knows if there's another function that can be used for the same functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

You can't use any ABAP function to write anything to the user's harddisk. WS_UPLOAD and WS_DOWNLOAD can only be used by a dialog user when they are also using SAP Frontend. If you want to do something to download files to the users harddrive you will have to use the up and download functions of webdynpro and let the user decide where to write the data. In a web environment another way is not allowed due to virusses and such

For uploading and downloading files see:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/202a850a-58e0-2910-eeb3-bfc3e0812...

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was what I was afraid of

Oh well, back to the ABAPer then...

Thanks for all your input guys. Points assigned.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that RFC itself produces the error and error not in Webdynpro. Try to get the actual problem using ST22 transaction in R/3.

Regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravan,

Actually, the RFC works fine in R/3, with no errors. However it does seem to open some kind of message in a section at the bottom of the screen when ran in the R/3.

When I use the RFC in my web Dynpro application, i just get the RFC unkown error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still believe there exists some problem in RFC itself. Could you please check with the Abaper on this?

Regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

Can you specify a section on the bottom of the screen? I would guess this is the normal status bar where all messages are shown. That should normally lead to this RFC-error. It normally means that you sy-subrc is not 0 at then end of your RFC. Your RFC obviously doesn't seem to work correctly and a MESSAGE E.... WITH .... is called.

As the message turns out to be an "unknown error" is this message also showing in the back-end? Or which message is showing?

You could use a trace (ST01) to check what is happening when your RFC is called using the RFC-user instead of the ABAP-developer.

J