cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter 'configFolder' must be an existing folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just installed a new instance of the Developer Studio (sp17.p1), and when trying to download a configuration from the NWDI, I get this message:

Parameter 'configFolder' must be an existing folder.

I can't find where to set this configuration option within eclipse. There are some batch files that have the option, but they're for connecting to the DTR via the command line.

I've installed the Dev Studio dozens of times - why did this one fail?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to close this question off, the solution to the problem was to edit the vm.parameters file, and add the following configuration option:

-Dvfs.configfolder=c:\workspace\.dtr

Ensure that the indicated path exists. Also, you should not be passing this parameter on the command line; if you are, it will override this setting.

Restart Eclipse, and all should be well.

Remember that if you find the solution to a problem, please post the answer. Everyone will appreciate it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just thought I would update my original question - applying the note to our DI system did NOT solve the issue.

I'm still getting the same error when I try to download track configurations.

Suggestions?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

afaik on redhat linux we got also sun jdk, so the paramters are also valid for that jdk, therefore I'd say it is worth to try the note, at least you can still revert the changes if there's no improvement, however as mentioned, I think the note should be applicable for your case as well. One tiny remark regarding the note, there's a small typo regarding a parameter. The correct one is obviously -Xmx1000m (and not xMX) .

I hope this helps! Please let me know, and that case I'll suggest the note author to do the necessary changes.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

please have a look at :

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1438770

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note indicates this is applicable to Windows 2008 server environments; we're running on Red Hat Linux. Does it still apply?