cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portfolio items override (xRPM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

At our client (xRPM 4.0) ) we have one portfolio type and one portfolio item type. Within this porftfolio type I wouldl like to add a second item type, and based on this item type I want to steer the visibility of data elements on the portal.

However it is not clear to me whether this is possible.

Say: I have field A that is applicable to my one and only portfolio item type. I want it to be visable and required for item type A, but invisible for for item type B. Can this be done?

THe problem I foresee is: In SPRO you can maintain the field configuration based on the portfolio type and item type. This overrides the default field configuration delivered by SAP and the portfolio fields override. However, only you can indicate whether the element is required of not, not whether it is visible for item type 1, and not for item type 2.

Looking forward to your answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wilco,

The setting can only set a field as mandatory (Portfolio wide) and this setting overrides the object configurations. However, we cannot control the visiblity of a field based on Item Type.

Best regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abir. Discussed this matter with a SAP consultant too, and indeed portfolio type is the one to use for my requirements.

Answers (0)