cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back button in nested iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a big model which is split up into number of nested views . Each of these nested views have a Bi query as data service and charts (eg chart 1) which drill down to other nested views. This basically executes a BI data service itself which display another chart2.Now I would like to traverse back to my parent chart - chart 1 from the drilled down chart - chart2 .

Tried with a normal back button , but that doesnt work out in nested views .Had read that data cannot be passed back from nested views. But is this "go back "feature possible in nested views? Any help would be appreciated.

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use 'Data store' operator & create visibility condition for nested iview based on events. Similarly you can create 'Back button & can go back to your parent iview.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

As of now for the nested views , am using a visiblity condition on select event.

But which event can i use for goback , even if it is a custom event? Also how to pass the value back to the parent view which itself is nested through a button that am adding in the nested view. What I needed was the initial chart from which I drilled down should be displayed.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to use Custom event in following manner -

1. Craete one form in your parent iView.

2. Use data Store operator after it & in Data store create events as Nest1,NEST2...

3. Now give visibility condition in each view - if(@store=="NEST1",true,false)

4. In the back button of each nested iView make data store=0

5. Then it will open again parent view.

If you have any doubt in this, please let me know

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Didnt quite understand what you meant .Could you pls elaborate

Also my nested view visibilty is based on a select condition and how can i reset my data store in the parent view from the nested view .

Rgds

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

i think using "Signal Out" will solve your problem. Also you can pass data back from nested iview to parent iview with the combination of datastore and signal out.

Are you using any layers for different nested iviews or you are doing it completely on visibility conditions.

Explain your model in more detail so that we can help you.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had tried passing value from my nested view to the parent view earlier as you had suggeted itself and also got it working . But there is a slight problem. Once I run for a particular selection and drill down to the next level i get my chart . Then if I run the model for a different selection without going back to parent it directly shows me the drilled down chart instead of the parent chart.

My model would be like this - a parent view ie Level1 with a number of nested views(level 2)for different input options. Within each of these nested views there are again nested views(level 3) . Currently I am trying adding a back button for back from

level 3 to level2 and am getting this problem. It is probably because some data store values in level2 are not getting reset . Any help would be most welcome.

PS: there are no layers .only visiblity conditions for the nested views.

Rgds