SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Dump while creating Disconnection document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are trying to create disconnection document using transaction EC85.We are using a particular Device Number/Serial Number and many Device categories/Material.

After clicking on generate disconnection document,we are getting a short dump but sometimes the disconnection document does get created.The program name is SAPLEDCN and the include name is LEDCNF01.

Detailed analysis:

Inside the FORM update_ediscdoc,the value x_upd_mode does not equal to co_upd_update and thus returning sy-subrc=4;this takes the program flow to the Perform Update_error and this leads to the dump.

But sometimes the disconnection document does get created.

We tried to find SAP notes but none of similar sort exist.It would be really helpful if anyone could have a look and help us in finding the reason why this dump is occuring.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i hope u r using 4.72 version,,canu let me know the verision

Kr

raj

0 Kudos

No,we are using ECC 6.0

0 Kudos

can u give me ur input values for dicsnneciton ,r u gettiung this error for all disconnection reasons or for any particular disc reason let me know

kr

raj

Edited by: Varadharaj M on Nov 30, 2009 8:40 AM

0 Kudos

The error is for disconnection reason 03-Customer Request and the strange thing is that for the same device category for which it is giving a dump,again if we try running the transaction EC85 and put the same device category which gave the dump,the disconnection doc is getting created.

Edited by: shreeraj pawar on Nov 30, 2009 9:57 AM

0 Kudos

then do contact an abaper to check the FMs involved in this disconnection process.also u can try with some other devicevcategory and check if its the same situation arisng there 2.

kr

raj

0 Kudos

For other device categories,its working fine but only for this category,it works strangely.Anyway thanks.