cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Branching Incorrect payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Im using message branching by passing the 2 different PO numbers to two different idocs

For this im using two mapping programs and obviously 2 interfacing mappings. Now when im running the scenario both the mappings are taking the first PO number only.. the second PO number is being discarded..

In the MM test tab both the mappings are successful with different PO number. But at runtime during message branching the second PO is being discarded.. I've checked "Maintain Order at runtime" in Interface determination too

But no use .. did i miss anythig

-keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Elaborate the scenario, it is not clear what exactly is the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.. now it should be clear

scenario: One message should be split into two different Inbound interfaces IF1 and IF2 (same Receiver). The interface determination is configured with two different Interface mappings M1 and M2. No condition is maintained, because both inbound interfaces should be delivered.

Problem: Both interfaces are executed but both with the same payload at runtime. Which i dont want to happen. I 've done mapping such that the payload is different for each interface.. But strange the both are taking the same payload.

0 Kudos

The source message is being mapped to two different target interfaces, the mapping for both will get executed with the same payload.

There will be one message mapping with two target message types.

In Interface determination select enhanced interface determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wat I suggest is:-

Create two message type and inbound message interface.

In message mapping go to message tab - provide both the message type in target message.

Now go to Design tab and put the below logic at root node of both the mapping.

if PO value( take all PO value in one context) Equals constant value -> pass the output to If then function and map it to root node.

do the same for other message type.

And do the enhance configuration in Interface mapping.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

how you have done you mapping? I mean how you are managing to distribute PO among 2 different mappings. I think you have to go for multimapping (1:n mapping) for this requirement and then you can trick your mapping with different PO.

Regads,

Sarvesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain separate Interface Determinations (i.e. two) for both of the receiver interfaces....then inlcude the relevant mapping programs.....

Small correction: i think Message Branching term is used when you have multiple receivers in Receiver Determination:

Refer: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/28/68073c8e56f658e10000000a114084/content.htm

@Chirag & Sarvesh:

If not wrong IDOC is at receiving end...and multimapping doesnt work in case of IDOC adapter.....so making 1:n mapping program wont be possible.....my opinion....if it is wrong please feel free to correct it.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> @Chirag & Sarvesh:

> If not wrong IDOC is at receiving end...and multimapping doesnt work in case of IDOC adapter.....so making 1:n mapping program wont be possible.....my opinion....if it is wrong please feel free to correct it.

Oh!! I didn't realize that while answering. You are absolutly right, we cannot go for multimapping here in this case.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use CREATEIF node functionality on the parent node. The strucutre will get created only if it sufficies the condition

Regards

Vijaya