Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing BAPI Error Messages to BDC Session.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one drive the idea how to convert rather passing BAPI error messages into BDC session.

regards.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question does not make sense.

YOu can use a BAPI to upload data or execute a transaction. I am not sure why would you want to pass the BAPI's error messages to a BDC program.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

we had requirement in which they where using call transaction and session method(for running the transaction manually and find the flaws). the Call transaction was not working to the expectations we have used BAPI whenever there error messages which will be returned by bapireturn will be passed to seesion is it viable option or rather is it possible.

Regards,

Naveen.

0 Kudos

Naveen,

I am sure you already have the logic of "If the call transaction is errored out you create a BDC session for the same data".

Now, when your BAPI fails, irrespective of the error, you need to build the BDCDATA table and pass the data to the session. So, I don't you really need to know the errors and pass them to the BDC Session.

Check the RETURN table of the BAPI, if it has got E / A / X error types then you can build the BDCDATA table and create the session.

Regards.

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers and close the thread if the issue is resolved.

0 Kudos

We are using the BAPI for the mass upload of the schedule line data of the trasaction and the line item failure can be for any unknown reasons. But for us to upload to SAP , we have the date and qty of the schedule line along with the plant and material info as a input file. But I wonder if the BAPIRETURN will have all the info required to build a session with regard to same. We are using BAPI_REQUIREMENT_CHANGE and BAPI_REQUIREMENT_CREATE.

Can anyone help??

0 Kudos

The data need not come from BAPI RETURN to create the BDC SESSION. You have the data in the flat file, which you would have uploaded into a table, so use that data to build your BDCDATA table. Checking BAPIRETURN is only to find out if the transaction was a success or a failure.

Regards,

Ravi