cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter: Advanced selection for source file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing file(Idoc format) to IDoc scenario. In my scenario I am getting files in three different formats (ex: abc.dat, xyz.dat, 123.edi). My communication channel (sender file adapter) should poll for every 30 mins, picks up the files and map them to Idoc without any mapping.

Need following clarifications:

1. Should I create 3 communication channels to pick up 3 different type files? Or should I use the Advanced selection for source file to pick up them with only one CC?

2. If there is no mapping how should I proceed in this case?

Regards,

Rams

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. you can use the same file adapter (advanced selection) but you will ahve to write an adapter module to create the right payload since the additional files will come as attachments. But if you are in PI 7.1, you can read the attachments in the mapping itself.

2. Read each files using different file adapters, Use BPM to create the output payload

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabz....

files given in advanced selection would go as payload only right..?? only if it given as additional file that would come as attachement in XI....!! Correct me if I am wrong....

~SaNv...

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the files in the advanced selection is usually seen as an attachment i.e not part of the main payload.

But PI 7.1, you have the ability to read the attachment from the mapping itself.

This is my understanding (or at least the last time i had checked it was so .. has anything changed???)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have understood the other way....

I remember testing this when I posted the wiki that I have pointed.. it came as a payload I guess.....

~Sanv..

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

confirmed. (in PI 7.1)

Just did a small mock, it comes as different payloads i.e different entries (different messages in SXMB_MONI)

But then in this case how can he collate the data into a single IDoc?

If the requirement is to send out different IDocs per file, advanced selection will work, else a BPM will be needed to merge the data of different files to a single one.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to add, in case the requirement is to pick up N files and map the data of the same into one single target message, either use BPM, or use NFS -> Additional Files (in this case it comes as attachments ). Module or java mapping will then have to be used to read the attachments as mentioned in my earlier posts.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3c/b4a6490a08cd41a8c91759c3d2f401/content.htm

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
confirmed. (in PI 7.1)
Just did a small mock, it comes as different payloads i.e different entries (different messages in SXMB_MONI) 🙂

this behaviour is shown irrespective of the XI/ PI version.

Advance selection of source file (also) enables you to pick the mentioned files in one go.....there wont be any time-gap between the processing time (in SXMB_MONI) of the "n" files....though different entreis will be maintained.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. Should I create 3 communication channels to pick up 3 different type files? Or should I use the Advanced selection 
for source file to pick up them with only one CC?

No need to create three different channels....Advance selection of source file should do the job of picking the three files.

2. If there is no mapping how should I proceed in this case?

Are you sure that no mapping will be required? In this case, the interface determination, receiver agreement can be reused IF the receiving Business System and the receiving interface (IDOC) are the same for all the three files.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

-->refer the below blog it explains the importance of the advance selection source file

/people/pavan.kumar110/blog/2009/08/05/processing-multiple-files-in-source-system-and-target-system

Thanks

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>1. Should I create 3 communication channels to pick up 3 different type files? Or should I use the Advanced selection for source file to pick up them with only one CC?

Not required.. if all the files are from the same directory then u can specify . in the file name parameter.. but make sure that only these 3 file types are places in the directory... if this is not the case you can use Advannced Selection... check my Wiki [Single Sender File CC For Multiple Directories|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SingleSenderFileCCForMultipleDirectories]

>>2. If there is no mapping how should I proceed in this case?

Mappiing is required only if the source and the target structure are different.. if u send the file with the IDocc XML format mapping is not required...

~SaNv....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I am getting file as IDoc(SYSTAT01) format and I need to map this to SYSTAS01 IDoc. There is no mapping rules are required. I need to just do one to one mapping.

In this case, is there any way to skip the mapping? (like Adavance Adapter Engine)

Please suggest me in this regard...

Regards,

Rams.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chech this doc for processing in AAE... u need to configure an Integrated Configuration....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/700058f0-b1a1-2a10-39a8-ab2627b87cfa&overrid...

>>In this case, is there any way to skip the mapping?

since ur stucture types are different u can;t skip the mapping.. as u said jst do a one-to-one mapping and specify it in the Interface Determiniation- Operation Mapping..

~SaNv...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I need to just do one to one mapping.
In this case, is there any way to skip the mapping? (like Adavance Adapter Engine)

Making Use of Advance Adapter Engine (integrated Configuration) does not allow you to skip mapping.

If the structures are different then you still need to perform mapping.....correspondingly mapping entry needs to be maintained in Integrated Configuration (under receiver Interface tab)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can mention "*" in file name parameter . it will all the files from specified folder.

if want to send those those files to some receiver as it is without any mapping.

use same dummy interface name and namespace for both sender interface and receiver interface.

if you are getting idoc data in text format, directly send those files to R3 and process them using inbound file port.

Edited by: Suresh Reddy Avutu on Nov 27, 2009 1:08 PM

Edited by: Suresh Reddy Avutu on Nov 27, 2009 1:10 PM