cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After transporting the TTF is not been used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed a true type font (se73). After the installation I use it on a smart form style and it is shown ok.

The problem is that after transporting it to integration, the forms are not using the one I installed but a standard instead.

Hints: - all was on the same transport order and it has been transported ok.

- everything is active

- I have allready read the note 421518 and i have executed the report RSTXDELL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

That's the error but even If I choose generate, it doesn't change.

I've found some device type where that is no happening ( the conversion is ok). Do you know how can I fix the conversion?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have acces to printers forms, choose a printer and the font appears.

the font exist on font families and system fonts too.

everything seems ok.....

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you press "font conversion" button from printer fonts (choose the device type corresponding to the locl printer) in SE73 and check whether it converts to Courier too?

Do you choose a different language in dev and in integration? (there is some customizing ("vector") for font families during conversion)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just saw thread:

Now additionally you must generate these fonts for the printers you plan to use them on under Printer Fonts. You can identify them as they will be highlighted in Yellow.

(there is a button Generation in SE73 for printer fonts in several screens)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

The font is installed, and it works when I print in development. The problem is in integration.

In raw it's FCCOURIER...... that's the problem, becuse in development is FCZEPARIAL.....

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Pablo Mayoral Mediavilla on Nov 27, 2009 5:46 PM

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's strange: I thought TTF were not converted...

Please display the printer fonts for your device type (via SE73), see my first post, and tell me if ZEPARIAL is displayed as one of the possible fonts (usually, all TTF are displayed).

Could you check in SE73 (system fonts) if ZEPARIAL has normal, bold, italic, bold+italic installed? (check in both systems)

Could you also display ZEPARIAL font family (via SE73) and compare attributes with integration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

First of all thanks for your quick answer.

I'm facing the problem in both cases, on preview and on printing.

My device is locl, and when I tried the same in development environment it works. The customer has tried with some printers and it doesn't works either.

I have even tried to generate a pdf with report RSTXPDFT4 and no matter what I try, the font is not applied.

On the other hand when I see the spool order in raw/hex i don't have the characters FT anywhere.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry, it's FC

Another error from me: you don't need to check font conversion as TTF fonts are not converted (don't need).

I think that if you use frontend printing, the TTF font must be installed on the frontend computer. Could you check?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you checking by print preview only, or by printing?

Which device type is defined for your printer? (SPAD transaction, display the output device)

If the device type is a custom one (Y* or Z*), could you tell us what sapscript (OTF) driver it uses? (SPAD, double-click the device type).

The font conversion algorithm is based on the fonts allowed for each device type (they are called "printer fonts", and are maintained via SE73 transaction). You may verify which font conversion is done via SE73 transaction, choose "printer fonts", double-click the device type, and click the "font conversion" button.

To make sure, you may also see the converted font after the spool has been generated (the font conversion is applied before the spool is generated): display the spool in raw or hexadecimal view in SP01 transaction, the font lines are starting with FT characters followed by the converted printer font name.

Could you tell us what are the results of the font conversion in SE73 for your device type?