Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am confused in Process Chain.

Suppose there are three processes in a job and one process has failed. What to do ?

Can I restart the failed process independently or I will have to restart the job but then the other two process will run twice.

What is the resolution?

Your valuable inputs are highly welcome.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can achive this using what if condition.

For how to configure it, please [read process chain related article|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40c71c50-4601-2b10-b9b7-a808ff2f3f2b&overridelayout=true]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou very much Anjali for your answer.

I gone through your document and found that we can do by selection the option for either Repeat or Repair.

Please tell me from where to get this option.

I am new to APO so having many questions.Sorry

Please tell me what do you mean by "what if" condition.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Suppose u want to run 3 jobs parallely, then if one of the job fails ,u can run that job just by repeating it. In this case the other two jobs will not get start. Another thing is that Use AND funtionality. U can set the 3 jobs which u want to run parallel, then u add AND after those 3 jobs. It means that , when all the 3 jobs completes successfully then only it will go to the next level( as u r using AND functionality). And, if among those 3 jobs, 1 job gets cancelled, u just REPEAT that job by right clicking on the cancelled job( u will get the option to REPEAT).

Hope it solves ur query

Regards

Sunshine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunshine,

Thankyou very much for your clear answer.

Can we do the same thing if differnt processes behave differntly in a job.

three process in a single job then also can we do the repeat option by right click on it or use the AND option among the processes ?

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Let us discuss 3 cases,

Case 1: In the process chain u r running jobs in a sequential manner, one after the other i,e when one job finishes it moves to the next one.

In this case if any one job is cancelled, then the subsequent job will not start. U have to repeat the cancelled job only. In this manner the cancelled job will start, and all the subsequent job under the cancelled job will also start after the successful completion of the cancelled job.

Case 2: U r running jobs in parallel( suppose 3 jobs) and u want that on the successful completion of all these 3 parallel jobs, then only the next job to start.

In this case use AND option. The 3 parallel jobs should be appended with an AND option. This will make sure that on the successful completion of all the 3 jobs, then only

The next level will start. Now, among those 3 jobs, if any one is cancelled u just have to repeat that cancelled job. The jobs which has already finished will not get start.

Case 3: U wish to run jobs in parallel ( let us take 3) and underneath them u donu2019t have any dependency job.

In this case u donu2019t have to use AND option. U just have to Repeat the cancelled job.

Hope it clarifies ur queries.

Regards

Sunshine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sunshine !!!

I acknowledged your answer.

Answers (0)