cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logging of successful synchronous messages for some of the scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a requirement where i have to enable logging of successful synchronous messages under sxmb_moni for some of the scenarios in production environment. Not sure but is there any way to enable logging of synchronous messages by specifying something under communication channel header(becoz my requiremnet is for some of the scenarios).

Request you all to help me.

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am having a requirement where i have to enable logging of successful synchronous messages under sxmb_moni for 
some of the scenarios in production environment.

Discard all my earlier replies.....sorry for misleading posts

There is a blog by Michal which shows the way to enable logging for some sync message processing without changing the Global Logging parameter :

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/04/30/xipi-personalized-logging-tracing

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Go to SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration.

2. For category RUNTIME, set the parameter LOGGING_SYNC value to 1(activated)

This activates sync message logging for all the scenarios.

~Sanv...

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think logging is a specific parameter but it is generic. So you either enable logging for the whole scenario in PI or disable for everything.

Will wait to see if anybody else has a different comment/view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish/Santhosh,

Thanks for ur reply.

But my requirement is to enable logging for few of the scenarios, not for all the synchronous messages.I am not very much sure but is there any way that we can enable logging by specifying something under communication channel header like under SOAP adapters.

Thanks

Amit

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LOGGING/ TRACE can be either activated/ set for all the scenarios or for none of them......there is nothing called as Selective LOGGING enabling.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those parameters are also generic..not specific to interfaces...i dont think we have such options for the same...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Those parameters are also generic

Rajesh u r talking about the Runtime paramerters?? or there is something under SOAP adpaters.

There are 6 synchronous interfaces using SOAP adapter as there sender channel and i want to have logs for them only.

Please help.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The parameters are the one that we set in SXMB_ADM --> Integration Engine Configuration --> LOGGING = 1

Channel/ Aapter does not provide any parameters for logging which can be set.

If you see any parameters in SXM_MONI then it is because of the settings done in SXMB_ADM.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I can set logging for the interfaces even if logging is deactivated under the IE configuration by specifying <SAP:Logging>1</SAP:Logging> under message header.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d6/49543b1e49bc1fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

But i am not sure that how will i achieve this, do i need to configure this tag under source message header??

Please help.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any idea??

Please help.

Thanks

Amit

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Setting the logging (as mentioned by help section) may not be possible to do using any standard method (like using the Message Header details through UDF in Message mapping).

May be a look into the SAP Logging API help you

Information about SAP Logging API is available on help itself.

Regards,

Abhishek.