cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement of datasoucre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have enhanced the datasource 0EMPLOYEE_0022_ATTR by enhancing the structure.I have added one field, but it is not appearing in RSA3 or RSA6. In RSA6 Customized field is not appearing .

We are working on ECC 6.0 and NW2004S BI.

Please advice me.

Regards

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

This problem occurs very rarely. I have solution. Let me know if you want to try.

You can follow the below given notes. I will be available tomorrow again. Please let me know the result.

When a field added to the Data Source is not visible during data source enhancement.

Notes:

Properties of a Data Source Field:

If a request for a Data Source is scheduled in the BIW, selection conditions are specified across certain fields. The property that determines whether a selection in BW using a field is possible or required is established in the Data Source in the Source System.

In addition, the visibility of the field in BW can be set.

A field that is not visible (or that is hidden) cannot be transferred into the transfer structure.

Definition of the individual values:

‘A’: Field is hidden in OLTP & BW, property cannot be changed by the customer.

‘M’: The Data Source requires a selection across this field before it is able to extract data (required field for the generation of a request); property cannot be changed by the customer.

<b>‘X’: The Data Source can select across this filed. The customer can change selections & visibility (the filed is currently visible & selectable, compare with ‘P’, ‘3’)</b> Applicable to your case.....

‘1’: Pure selection field for the Data Source. The customer can change the selection, but not the visibility (the field is currently selectable, compare with ‘2’).

‘2’: Pure selection field for the Data Source. The customer can change the selection, but not the visibility (field is currently no selectable, compare with ‘1’).

‘3’: The Data Source can select across this field. The customer can change selection & visibility (the field is currently not visible, not selectable, compare with ‘P’, ‘X’).

‘4’: The Data Source cannot select across this field. The customer can change visibility (the field is currently not visible).

Procedure to make a field visible:

In SE11, execute the table ROOSFIELD. Give the Data Source name and the field name which is not visible. Execute and see. The status in the output will be displayed as ‘A’.

Now create a custom program in SE38.

Write the following code.

REPORT ZTEST_ROOSFIELD.

TABLES: ROOSFIELD.

UPDATE ROOSFIELD CLIENT SPECIFIED SET SELECTION = ‘P’

WHERE OLTPSOURCE = ‘<Data Source name>’

AND OBJVERS = ‘A’

AND FIELD = ‘<Field to be made visible>’.

WRITE SY-SUBRC.

After executing this program, you once again execute to see the out put of the table ROOSFIELD by giving the Data Source and field name. Check the status of the field. It must be changed from ‘A’.

Now go to the Data Source and the field should be visible.

Message was edited by: AVR - IGA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for suggestions.

We have implemented the support package SAPKW70007 (SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0) .

The problem is resolved.

Regards

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Try using the OSS note 912118. I had same issue the note solved my problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

edit the datasource in RSA6 and disable the hide option for the added field and save and close the datasource.

Hope this helps

Shiva Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to see the added field in the table control (where I can select the checkbox as selection, hide fields ...) but when i double click on the struture I can able to see the ZFIELD.

Regards

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

After double click on DataSource there you can see the ZFIELD.

Steps to add the new field.

1. click on the structure and there you have the option to append the fields. append the required fields and then click on save and activate. come back to the structure and save and actiavte that.

Hope this helps

Regards

Shiva Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Hope u have added the field to the ext structure,by including it in an append structure.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos