cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in changing Account Group of a Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to change the Account Group of a Sold to Party in XD07, from '0001' to 'Z001' (an exact copy of '0001'), but the system is giving an Error message "Change of account group not possible; customer used in SD documents".

'0001' = Sold to Party

'Z001' = Non Operative Customers (who are not dealing with us now)(Same number range, same fields / values)

I checked and made sure there are no open docs against his name and his account has Zero balance. The Customer is not having any Blocks. Still system is giving the Error message, now what to do?

Best Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Venki ,

This is due to a small error in your partner determination config.

In Spro > SD > Basic func > Partner Deter > Partern determi in Customer master

Here you double click on node "Account Group - Fucntion Assingment "

In this for all the partner functions like SP , BP , SH , PY etc make the entry for the new acc grp . You will note here that though u have copied from acc grp "0001" , system does not copy this node settigns automatically and it needs to be done manually . Once you assign the new acc grp to each partner func, problem will be gone..

Also , if you have noticed , as of now in your present settings you cant create a new customer records also using the new accnt grp .

Once you do the above config , this problem will be fixed .. !!

Tell us the outcome...

B O L ...

Hope this Helps !!

Edited by: manni dutt on Feb 3, 2010 1:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I got the answer thanks to Manni Dutt.

An ACCOUNT GROUP OF A SOLD TO PARTY CAN BE CHANGED if the step given by him is configured.

I have tested it and its working.

Wish I could give him a Hundred points, unfortunately it can only be Ten

Thanks Manni.

Regards

Venkat - Hyd

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, you cannot change the account group of sold to party. Secondly, you have not indicated as to why you want to change. From your explanation, I have a feeling that there is no necessity to change the account group. If at all, you want the number range of account group Z001 to be followed for 0001 also, you can very well assign the same object to this account group also.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakmipathiji,

Thanks for the reply. Like in my question, Account Group '0001' is for regular 'Customers' (SP) and 'Z001' is for 'Non Operative Customers'.

The reason to shift some Customers to the new Acc Grp., is that, all the Customers whom we are not dealing with, will be shifted to the 'Non Operative' Acc Grp.'Z001', so that during regular searches for Customer codes, these non operative customers are not visible in the list when a search is done based on Account Group '0001'.

If this requirement can be achieved in some other way, plz do guide me.

Thanks a ton for the support.

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not restrict the Customer to coming the Help View for Customer list, however from Transaction XD05 you may block the customer for any particular Sales Area, Company Code; also you can block the creation of Order, delivery and Billing as per your requirement, so User will not be able to create any of the document.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Anytime in future if you want this customer to activate, again in XD05 you may remove the tick from check box and the customer will be activated.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

User just wants a facility where non operative customers are not included in the list of Regular Customers, when he searches Customer codes under selection "Customers per Account Group"

The reason to shift some Customers to Acc Grp. 'Z001', is that, these non operative customers are not visible in the list when a search is done based on Account Group '0001'.

If in future, these customers are back in business, they should be changed back to Account Group '0001'.

Its not a critical issue but a very logical requirement. Why do I want to see all such Customers in the Customers list, if I am not dealing with them for now and likely for the future too.

Regards - Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Account Group

Maintain Number Range for Account Group

Use

The purpose of this activity is to control number range of Account Group.

Procedure

Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

IMG --> Financial Accounting (New)  Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable  Customer Accounts  Master Data  Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data  Create Number Ranges for Customer Accounts  Select the Icon to maintain Number Range

Transaction Code: SPRO

Data to be maintained:

No | From | To | Current No | Ext (Tick in Check Box)

01 | 0000000001 | 0000099999 | 0 | No

02 | 0000100000 | 0000299999 | 0 | No

XX | A | ZZZZZZZZZZ | Yes

Assign Number Range to Account Group

Use

The purpose of this activity is to maintain number range of Account Group.

Procedure

IMG --> Financial Accounting (New)  Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable  Customer Accounts  Master Data  Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data  Assign Number Ranges to Customer Account Groups

Transaction Code SPRO

Data to be maintained:

Group | Name | Number Range

0001 | Sold-to party | XX

0002 | Goods recipient | XX

0003 | Payer | XX

0004 | Bill-to party | XX

Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)

Use

In this step, you determine the account group of the customer.

Procedure

IMG --> Financial Accounting (New)  Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable  Customer Accounts  Master Data  Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data  Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)

Transaction Code SPRO

The groups indicated below are a few examples. There are many groups in Standard SAP & if we require additional Group, it can be copied from appropriate group & maintained.

Group | Name

0001 | Sold-to party

0002 | Goods recipient

0003 | Payer

0004 | Bill-to party

0005 | Prospective customer

0006 | Competitor

Select Sold-to-party  go to Details  Double Click on General data / Company code data / Sales data. It will take to next screen which details Tab Pages of General data / Company code data / Sales data. Double Click on Tab Page for example: Address, Control, Marketing & so on. Here you can maintain whether the field is to be Suppress, Req. Entry, Opt. entry or Display

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh Banka,

I quite did not understand the logic behind your reply. Plz do help me a lil more in solving my problem.

The issue is:

1. The company has a lot of Customers who are not active (they may not come back at all).

2. When end user makes a search for a particular Customer, he does not want to see all these non operative customers to be

seen.

3. When ever a report is run, for lack of separation, these Customers are also included with Nil values, wasting space and

unnecessarily elongation of the report.

4. These Customers are already created (very old) (with & without outstanding).

5. Now, we cannot change these Customers to a new number range, since they have certain history with the present Customer

code. (Is it really possible to change the Customer code to a new code if at all we want, after creation? I dont think so but still

let me ask)

6. Finally, is there any way in achieving the above requirement?

Thanks and regards.

Venkat - Hyd

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

*Hi venkat,*

*Why the business needs to keep these customers when they do not want them to see in the reports. Why cant you archive these customers when you are not sure that these customers will come back. Even If few of them come back , its not that difficult to create them as new customers right. If you agree with this then you can proceed deleting them or archiving the Master data. For Archiving , take the help of a Technical person (Archiving object is "FI_ACCRECV) or you can completely delete them using OV52. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.*

*Regards,*

*Ram Pedarla*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram Pedarla,

1. The business needs to keep the master data of these Customers since they have some history with the company and need that

data for future reference.

2. I am not aware of the option called 'Archiving'. Once you archive, is that Customer's code visible or not visible, in the drop down

list if i search for all Customers in XD02 / XD03?

3. Recreating the Non operative customer as a new customer is not correct, according to me, since then we cannot see the

whole picture of the Customer if one customer is recorded with 2 codes.

Regards

Venkat - Hyd

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can change the Account Group from Shi To/ Bill To / Payer to Sold To, but you can not upgrade a Sold To Account group Customer as this is the highest level.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not change the Account Group of Sold-to-party. If required, you can change the Account group of SH,BP and PY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it that, we cannot change the Account Group from Sold to Party to Sold to Party, with different Account Group codes? Like from 0001 to Z001?

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it that, we cannot change the Account Group from Sold to Party to Sold to Party, with different Account Group codes? Like from 0001 to Z001?

NO, You can not change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the ACCOUNT GROUP of Higher level customer Like SOLD TO to Other Partner function Account groups like SHIP TO , BILL TO & PAYER

regards,

santosh