Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors occurred during post-handling PRGN_AFTER_IMP_ACTGROUP_ACGR for ACGR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to import composite role from development to QAS system.I have generated profile for each role in developemnt & create transport of composite role & moved it in QAS.But in QAS it finished with Return code 8 & I found profiles are not moved in QAS for all single roles.

Error is as follows.

Errors occurred during post-handling PRGN_AFTER_IMP_ACTGROUP_ACGR for ACGR L

The errors affect the following components:

BC-SEC-USR-PFC (Authorization and Role Management)

Please advice if anybody faced such kind of issue.

Regards

Santosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

It can happen for several reasons.

I faintly suspect profile name collisions here. Does the tp log mention anything else?

Common to find are also obsolete objects still included in roles because the SU25 steps are not performed or from download / upload accross release and support pack levels, but those logs you can ignore because the object is obsolete anyway.

Cheers,

Julius

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member

It can happen for several reasons.

I faintly suspect profile name collisions here. Does the tp log mention anything else?

Common to find are also obsolete objects still included in roles because the SU25 steps are not performed or from download / upload accross release and support pack levels, but those logs you can ignore because the object is obsolete anyway.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

HI,

having a quite actual correction level, RC=8 only happens when there is a naming collision. Pls refer to note #1014969 for further comments and SP-levels...

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernard

You are correct, I had the same error when transporting roles. I found that the profile name generated already existed in the target system - the role names were different but the profile name generated automatically by the system, already existed.

I got around the issue by specifying a unique profile name for each role and the transport went in without any errors.

Still mystified how this could happen though because the system is up to date with SP's.

Regards

Charmaine

0 Kudos

> I got around the issue by specifying a unique profile name for each role and the transport went in without any errors.

You don't have to workaround it this way. Please see SAP note 571276 solution 1c for the solution to generate unique profile names per client.

Probably the transport routes are your "problem".

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thank you Julius - this is very helpful.

Regards

Charmaine

0 Kudos

Julius, I dont fully understand the following statement from SAP Note 571276 .. can you help clarify ...

This is an extract from the SAP note 571276

This is a Customizing table, and you can maintain it using transaction se16. To avoid name conflicts during the profile import, set the running number in AGR_NUM_2 in such a way that the difference between two clients is at least 50000

Does it mean that there should be a number range gap of 50000 between each client maintained in AGR_NUM_2 table?

Regards

Charmaine

0 Kudos

Rephrased a'la Julius:

> To avoid the problems during the subsequent import into a target client, the AGR_NUM_2 table can be maintained as customizing for the clients (plural) in the source development system where the roles are maintained. If more than one client is used for role development, a number range gap of 50000 between the clients should be sufficient to prevent profile name collisions (otherwise you have much bigger problems anyway...).

>

> This is because the system ID (sy-sysid) is used as an attribute in the generated profile's name, but not the client (sy-mandt). > The value set in the AGR_NUM_2 tables determines the current number per client of the next sequential number to be used for profile generation. The customer can initialize this number to insert an additional attribute per client to achieve unique generated names within client specified ranges.

Something like that

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

Thanks for the translation - finally it makes sense now.

Cheers

Charmaine

0 Kudos

Please have also a look at note 1380203, which offers more flexibility for your naming conventions of generated profiles.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

ah ha, so this how you can initialize the number range as mentioned by Julius...

The customer can initialize this number to insert an additional attribute per client to achieve unique generated names within client specified ranges

The system is at SAP_BASIS, 700, SP17 at the moment and it needs to be at SP21 in order to implement this note.

So guess I'll be speaking to the Basis Team

Many thanks

Charmaine