cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Send step in BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

My BPM flow starts with a single message that I split using a message map into a list of messages into a block which is foreach mode to be sent synchronously one by one splitted messages to an Oracle stored procedure via the JDBC adapter. After the mapping step, the flow goes into a ParForEach block that executes the sync Send step to the JDBC adapter, and then has a Container Action that collects the responses.

My problem is that BPM seems to not like executing a synchronous send from inside a block. The first execution of the send step will produce an error in the BPM flow.

thanks in advance.

srinivas.

Edited by: sri_rambo on Nov 27, 2009 8:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My problem is that BPM seems to not like executing a synchronous send from inside a block.

BPM does support SYNCSend step inside a Block....but not for ForEach/ ParForEach mode of execution.

I think you are following this procedure from quite a long time.....sync send inside a foreach block.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Abhi,

you are right, strugling with this issue since some good time, if you are sure that we cant use sync send step in block with foreach/parforeach.. in BPM.... can you suggest me any other alternative.. i need to send sync request messages one bye one and get respected response..

Thanks in advance.

srinivas

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the first time when i did such a scenario (sending one after the other in a BPM) even I went for a SyncSend.....and eventually it failed.....looked at the available blogs/ help documentation and came to a (self)conclusion that I need to split the SyncSend into AsyncSend_Req and AsyncReceive_resp.....no example was available on how to synchronously send in a ForEach Block..... now looking in your case I would suggest the same thing.... may be defining correlation would cause you some worry.

Regards,

Abhishek.