cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am dealing with a situation, wherein i need to monitor alerts. But, I am not sure which of the alerts are automated. Could you please suggest which of the following Tcodes could be automated??

SMQ1

SM58

SXMB_MONI / SM37

WE19/ WE05/ BD87

Seeburger-Idoc Adapter

SEEBURGER-EDI FOLDER

SEEBURGER-MONITOR

/SAPSLL/SPL_ST01

/SAPSLL/CNTRY

/SAPSLL/SPL_BLRL

/SAPSLL/SPL_BLRL_exp

/SAPSLL/SPL_BLBPLO

Please suggest also, how to define them.

Thanks & Regards,

Sushama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushama,

Try to do some google.. I did for SMQ1 (Search string was SAP Alerts for smq1 ) and got this link

Regards

Suraj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

please have a look into Business Process Monitoring with SAP Solution Manager. Under http.//service.sap.com/bpm > Media Library > Technical Information there is a Setup Guide- Interface Monitoring explaining everything in detail.

SMQ1

SM58

SXMB_MONI / SM37

WE19/ WE05/ BD87

Can be all atumatically monitored.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

You set up alerts so that in case of an exception during message processing, the system will inform you. You can recieve alerts by email,fax or sms. Also, you will see the alerts in you alert inbox.

Now you can set up these alerts from BPM such as by using Control step (value ThrowAlert)

Prerequisites for alert configurations:

1. RZ21: Alert management must be activated for PI infrastrucure.

2. Define alert categories with paramers like text,expiry date and time.. using tx:ALRTCATDEF

Also you can refer the below link:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417200)ID1524276250DB01857650165891326676End?blog=/pub/wlg/2777|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417200)ID1524276250DB01857650165891326676End?blog=/pub/wlg/2777]

Puneet

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think that you can configure alerts for individual TCODEs

Alert indicate where a problem has occured in a component of XI architecture (IntegrationEngine, Adapter Engine, BPE)

error in SMQ1/2, SXMB_MONI will come under Integration Engine.

Channel related alert will come under Adapter Engine.

Alerts when configured and activated will be triggered automatically....so not sure what you mean by I am not sure which of the alerts are automated

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, for getting the errors, we do mannual monitoring. But, the requirement is to make the system automated so that it would raise the alert whenerver it finds any failed message in Integration Engine for example.

Regards,

Sushama

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats why Alerts are configured....to ease the task of monitoring and to get error information as soon as some things goes wrong in message processing.....Alert by default is automated