cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues to consider in CMDM scenario - Partner functions, Tax Data etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on CMDM scenario. we want to maintain all data from Customer / Vendor Master in MDM repository. (Client request Need your help to understand few points below.

1. Is it possible to handle Partner Functions in SAP MDM?? How to model it in MDM.? In SAP ECC when u create a Customer master sales area data for account group sold-to-party all other default partner functions get created automatically. how to handle such requirment in MDM

2. in Vendor Master, How to handle 'Contact Person data" (4th Tab in vendor Gen data). How to transfere this data In SAP ECC because standard IDOC (CREMDM) donot have this fields for mapping.

3. Why standard business content we don't have Company Code Data??

4. Anyone has experience to handle Tax Data in Customer master (Sales Area-Billing tab)?? How?

Cheers,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi R c,

1) I haven't had a detailed look at the partner functions in ERP yet, but some general thoughts are the following. Partner Functions are a sub-table in ERP, that means that you'd need a sub-table in MDM as well. Generally you have got two options for that: tuples or qualified lookup tables. I'd go for tuples. Regarding the automatic partner function creation in ERP, this will be hard to replicate in MDM. Maybe you can use a workflow that forces the user to create the related partner functions as there is currently no automatic process in MDM.

2) It is not only the CREMDM IDoc that is missing the contact person fields. The same is valid for the CREMAS IDoc, too. This is important as the CREMAS is used to post vendors to ERP! MDM sends CREMDM, but this IDoc is split on PI into ADRMAS & CREMAS and then sent to ERP. Enhancing the CREMDM IDoc for contacts does not help. Required steps would be:

- enhance CREMDM

- enhance CREMDM extraction from ERP to MDM

- enhance CREMAS

- enhance CREMAS inbound in ERP

3) Upto MDM 7.1 it was quite hard to model the Company Code data correctly in MDM. Using qualified lookup tables was surely an option, but even using them you could not model the full data correctly. The tuples have resolved this issue. We're currently preparing the release of the Vendor & Customer repository including Company Code data.

4) Again I haven't had a detailed look into that.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Michael,

When new customer and vendor repository model is expected, tentatively??,

This will help us to take decision in solutioning phase accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Rc

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rc,

the current plan is to release the updated Vendors as well as the new Customer with MDM 7.1 SP4. The Vendor looks good, but I'm not sure if the Customer will make it into the release. Release date should be Feb 2010.

Cheers

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

No one has an answer to any of my points??