Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predefined properties not shown in Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I’ve done the following:

Created a set of predefined properties with the Indexable property set.

Created a new “Search Option Set”, where I’ve put the list of all my Predefined properties in the “Predefined Properties (csv) “ field.

In the list of “Allowed predefined properties” I’ve added all my Predefined properties.

And now what I expect from this setup:

A. The search option dialog should display all my predefined properties with the appropriate fields,

B. In the listbox with “Predefined properties” I expect to see all my predefined properties.

And now what I actually get (and that is my problem):

A. The search option dialog is displaying all my predefined properties with the appropriate fields – so that is as I expected.

B. The listbox is only showing some of my predefined properties.

I’ve checked and double checked that all predefined properties are set to Indexable.

So.... Any suggestions??

Regards,

HC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day mate!!

Please see <a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=224642">Search - Prefill of Predefined Properties</a>

I had a simmillar issue

Kay-Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have created some files or folders with the predefined properties?

Perhaps you need some values, which are indexed by the search engine before you can see the predefined properties in your search list..

..it´s only an idea....

bye Sybille

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Did you check the validity of the property for the folders you are searching? If your property is not valid for the folders you are searching, I think it will not show in the list, because it is of no use.

Kind regards,

Barry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Yes, all the properties I have defined have the same Folder Patterns, so I don't think this is the problem.

Regards,

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

If you are sure that the folder validity pattern and document validity pattern are correct, and are included in the search range of you search option set: this cannot be it.

If you compare the properties that are shown to the ones that don't; do you see any difference?

regards,

Barry