cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form Scripting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a table and two buttons (Add / Delete ) in Adobe form and i am trying to do scripting for adding a row and deleteing a row in the table.

I am using the instanceManager.addInstance(1) for Add button.

My life cycle designer version is 7.1, i have also tried it in 8 version. This form is used in Webdynpro for Java.

the script is not working.

Can anyone please provide step by step details of doing this scripting? also the configuration required for dynamic form settings?

thanks,

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You need to use a dynamic PDF form to do so use In wdDoModifyView use code like this:

((IWDInteractiveForm)view.getElement("InteractiveFormxy")).setDynamicPDF(true);

Regards,

Juergen

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen lot of posts @ SDN where similar solution was suggested and it solved the dynamic form issue.

So is this line of code mandatory for forms developed through WD Java?

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use a dynamic PDF form for adding/removing subform instances. As far as I know the default for WDJ is static PDF forms where this does not work. That reminds me that adding/removing subform instances is not supported by Web Dynpro (both Java and ABAP). A workaround is needed to create context nodes on the server.

Regards,

Juergen

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean if we set the form as Dynamic by selecting it as Interactive Form and also select the Default rendering as Dynamic PDF file do we still need to write this statement?

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

The "defaults" are overwritten by API parameters. To make this more explicit Designer 8.1 and later provide more tabs for the form properties, e.g. an explicit Preview Tab

Regards,

Juergen

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Juergen. I am still awaiting your blog on secured web services , if you get time please post it.

@Anil: Please close the thread if the issue is resolved.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done. /people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2009/11/27/about-security-aspects-when-using-web-services-in-sap-interactive-forms-by-adobe

Please let me know if you'd like to see additional things. I'll add them.

Regards,

Juergen