cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does SAP not support B2MML fully?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I'm working a little bit with the ISA-95 Standard and especially B2MML.

I wondered why SAP, as a global leader un ERP Software hasn't yet implemented the standard through B2MML in IT'S OWN WAY. In XI/PI I have the possibility to load the b2mml schemas and to map data from an idoc to the b2mml structure and so to create B2MML documents for production orders and stuff.

But wouldn't it be better if SAP would do the mapping so many other companies could adopt their implementation and it would be much more homogenous if you consider that today every company's b2mml implementation differs from each other.

What do you think about this and what do you think are the reasons why SAP hasn't done the mapping?

Is this too low-priority for SAP or are they maybe still working on it?

regards,

L.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Santosh

>

>I guess B2MML is used majorly in supply chain management systems with manufacturing systems such as Industrial

>Control Systems and Manufacturing Execution Systems. So in that case SAP has a specific product by xMII .

>

That's true, they have MII dedicated to this use case. And like in Xi / PI you are able to load your B2MML schemas in the system in order to map incoming data into the structure of B2MML / ISA95. But like in XI / PI you have to do this mapping by yourself.

Wouldn't it be better if SAP would provide a standard/default mapping?

regards,

L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lunatikk ,

As a customer definately i would love to have as much features in minimal cost . I too agree with you

you would love to read this blog, though not related to BMML. but you will get the idea why BMML functionality cannot be put as a standard feature in PI .

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=%28J2EE3414800%29ID1605703350DB0085669563692153989...

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has there been any progress on this?

Has anyone actually implemented a mapping in PI or MII?

I would guess that:

LOIROU02 --> Product Definition

ZMATMAS05 --> Material Definition

ZWMIVID01 --> Material Lot

LOIPRO01 --> Production Schedule

LOIWCS02 --> Equipment

And we will start the long and mistake prone task of mapping the individual items in thes objects, but surely this has been done before.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunatikk,

I wondered why SAP, as a global leader un ERP Software hasn't yet implemented the standard through B2MML in IT'S OWN WAY.

SAP xMII supports B2MML..Not SAP XI/PI .

What do you think about this and what do you think are the reasons why SAP hasn't done the mapping?

-

> I guess B2MML is used majorly in supply chain management systems with manufacturing systems such as Industrial Control Systems and Manufacturing Execution Systems. So in that case SAP has a specific product by xMII .

Is this too low-priority for SAP or are they maybe still working on it?

---> Can't say !!!

Regards ,

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is the leader in providing predefined content and developing services for differet industries,

regarding B2MML content may be its available in service market place(not usre),if not there then they wil come up with the content in near future.

Regards,

Raj