cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting records in FM Data Retraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In our project we use Data Retraction from BPS to R/3 Funds Management (Former Budgeting, transaction FMBPRET). We want to influence the order in which records are transferred from BW to R/3. Although we can use the sort functions in the BW query, this does not influence the order of the records.

Anyone has a clue?

Thnx in advance,

Henk.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

why does the sort order matter? If data does not get posted correctly because of this, open a message to SAP support.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your response

In our case the sort order of the records does matter. I will try to explain shortly:

- We use SEM-BPS to make a registration of all individual changes on the different budgets (in this case of the Ministry of Transportation of the Netherlands).

- The individual changes (pointed by a characteristic “Document Number” need several approval steps. At the end all individual changes are - daily - retracted to FundsManagement in R/3.

- The changes on the budgets take place on the masterdata of Fundsmanagement: Fundscenters en Commitment Items.

- Now, take the following situation:

<b>R/3 Fundsmanagement</b>

Total budget Fundscenter A/Comm.Item X: 10.000 EUR

<b>SEM-BPS</b>

Change 1 on Fundscenter A/Comm.Item X: -/- 12.000 EUR

Change 2 on Fundscenter A/Comm.Item X: 5.000 EUR

- In R/3 Fundsmanagement it’s not allowed to have a negative total budget.

- So, in this case we first have to post change 2 (total budget: 10.000 + 5.000 = 15.000) and then change 1 (total budget: 15.000 -/- 12.000 = 3.000). The other way around leads for change 1 to a negative budget (10.000 -/- 12.000 = -/- 2.000) and therefore an error in the retraction.

I hope the situation is more clear now. Many thanks if you can give me a clue for a solution.

Regards,

Henk.