cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC DESTINATION PROBELM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I created one RFC destination in SAP PI 7.0 system for SAP ECC system to import IDOC metadta.

Connection test OK.

But when I click on REMOTE LOGON button, it is opening one page and in that user ID and password that too it showing by default PISUPER user ID and password. Because of that I am unable to import IDOC metadta in IDX2 T.Code.

what I missed and tell me solution.

Regards

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have given wrong user ID so I got error.

Now I corrected that.

Thank you.

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SKANCHAM,

What you are doing is correct, Remote Logon testing ensures that your PI system able to communicate with your ECC without any issues.

1. But, Please ensure you are createing 'Connection Type 3' (i.e ABAP Connection) rfc in PI system as well in ECC.

Back-and-forth RFC communication is essential here.

2. In PI rfc - ensure you are providing correct Client, User ID & Password (ensure to be in saved status) details.

3. Click on Utilities(M) ->Test -> Authentication Test (to ensure your credentails provided in step 2 are correct and authorization enough to establish communication with ECC)

4. Once step 3 is successfuly then, you can perform 'Remote Logon' Test.

5. If ECC <-> PI communication is fine, then you can use IDX2 in PI to import the metadata of IDOC

I hope this helps you to resolve the problem.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check your RFC destination created there and at logon credentials tab..check current user check box is activated there

and looks that user may /maynot exists in ECC and even if exists does not have needed authorisations for importing the idoc..

provide the user which have the sufficient authorisations for the same

HTH

Rajesh

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi skancham,

When the popup window appears is because in the RFC destination you didn't put the user/passw, or you put them but in a wrong way or without authorization.

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SKANCHAM,

While creating a RFC Destination in PI for ECC, you need to give the user id & pwd of a user that exists in ECC system.

Also that user should have sufficient rights to access remote systems.

Kindly check if the user exists in ECC system.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do Authorization Test(ctrl+F4), this reason it ask for user name and password could be because of the logon problem with the credentails that u have given in destination...

~SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

should not your RFC destination have a user and pwd in its security settings page (ie, ALEREMOTE) ? Or using trusted/trustee or SNC could help if you do not want to provide this for security reasons ... But log in using your own userid (or any uid with appropriate auths should do it) should work too

Chris

Edited by: Christophe PFERTZEL on Nov 26, 2009 3:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure why you are clicking on remote logon.

To upload the metadata you need to go IDX2 and then select your R3 system then press create button (F5) and then provide the IDOC type and PORT (which contains the RFC destination) number in the next screen, that's it.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried in IDX2 for importing the IDOC. its not at least opeing the import popup window.

sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I tried in IDX2 for importing the IDOC. its not at least opeing the import popup window.

Have you created the PORT by using IDX1 in XI correctly, because in any case popup window should come.

If nothing works create you new port and RFC destination with your user id and password (make sure if you have proper authrization).