cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to add blank value to text attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to add blank value to attribute list. the requirement is mainly for a product linked to one category and the corresponding attributes are having values. Now I would like to change my product category from existing one to another, so for this first I need to remove texisting values of attributes linked to that category. if I don't remove my attribute values then the existing attributes will link to new category automatically when I change my product category.so can you tell me how to add blank values to text attributes so that i can select blank value for the existing attribute.

Thanks,

RDNPrasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RDNPrasad

By default, attributes not linked to categories.

You can link attribute to different categories at the same time, after that all values that's attribute stay accessible in all linked categories

If you change(add,delete) attribute's value or change it type in current linked category it changes stay accessible only in that category

If you already select category in main table and select attribute value, you cannot delete that value from attribute but you can modify it(if that text).

You can delete only attribute values which not used in main table.

For mass upload attributes and it's values you can use Import manager (for example for clear all text values in attributes for current category)

Regards

Kanstantsin