cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material tax classification is determined incorrectly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

During processing of a sales order material tax classification is determined incorrectly.

Value "0" is maintained in material master data for the sales area.

But the system keeps getting "1" (in KOMP-TAXM1)

This is very weird, no clue in which direction to starting looking ...

Will appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Stas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Thanks, but I'm kinda beyond that level

Santosh,

I think i found what causes the problem, but not sure of the right way to proceed.

I have 3 tax condition types which are all use the same access sequence.

Now in the field mapping in acess sequence configuration it says:

TAXK1 <--- KOMK TAXK1

TAXM1 <--- KOMP TAXM1

But for conditions ZTX1, ZTX2, ZTX3 material class. codes are stored in VBAP in TAXM1, TAXM2, TAXM3 respectively.

So when the tax is calculated for the first cond. type it's ok. But when it goes to the second and third one it still gets tax classification from the first one...

So....

Should I use different access sequences? Or should i add mappings for TAXM2 and TAXM3 in the same acess sequence?

Thanks!

Stas

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Allow me to explain with an example, which we have encountered the same & addressed it.

Tax Condition types:

ZTX1

ZTX2

ZTX3

Customer Tax Classification:

ZTX1-0- Tax exempt

ZTX1-1- Full tax

ZTX1- 2- C-form

ZTX2 - 0 Tax exempt

ZTX2 - 1 - Full tax

ZTX3 - 0- Tax exempt

ZTX3 - 1- Full tax

Material Tax classification:

ZTX1-0- Tax exempt

ZTX1-1- Full tax

ZTX2 - 0 Tax exempt

ZTX2 - 1 - Full tax

ZTX3 - 0- Tax exempt

ZTX3 - 1- Full tax

Now you can maintain the one condition type with the same access sequence to maintain all the tax condition records.

But Create 3 Condition tables ( Conditoin tables should be equal to the Number of tax conditions) such as,

Condition table:

ZTX1- 901 - Country / Region of delievery Plant/ Region of Customer/ Customer tax classification 1 / Material tax classification 1

ZTX2- 902 - Country / Region of delievery Plant/ Region of Customer/ Customer tax classification 2 / Material tax classification 2

ZTX3- 903 - Country / Region of delievery Plant/ Region of Customer/ Customer tax classification 3 / Material tax classification 3

Now, When you create Tax condition records in VK11.

Condition type:ZTX1

choose 901 Key combination

for condition type:ZTX2, choose 902 key combination & so on for other Cond type:ZTX3.

if you maintain same condition table for all condition types, for eg:for ZTX3- then system reads Customer / Material tax classification 1, but it should read Customer / Material tax classification-3.

If you want to avoid only respective key combination should appear , when creating Condition reocrds, then you can create / assign new access sequence to each tax condition type.

ZTX1 - ZAT1 ( where ZAT1 - is new access sequence with Condition table:901 assigned )

similarly,

ZTX2- ZAT2

ZTX3 - ZAT3

It looks lengthly procedure, but its effective / issue free & one time activity .Once you maintain with the relevant combinations. then system picks the condtion record automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

I've created 3 separate access sequences using simlar accesses except that it takes TAXK1/TAXM1, TAXK2/TAXM2, TAXK3/TAXM3 for access sequences ZAT1,ZAT2,ZAT3 respectively.

All 3 conditions are recorded in the same value, since the structure is the same.

Seems to be working fine till now....

Thanks again!

Stas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the T.Code "XD02".

Enter your customer number,Company code and sales area.

Click on Sales area data.Goto the "Billing documents" tab.

Check whether your customer is liable for taxes.

The tax field maintained in material master will be populated at the item level under billing tab for the field "Tax classific.".

In the sales order,click on the analysis in "Conditions" tab.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The TAX CLASSIFICATION from the Material master will be populated in the sales order at ITEM LEVEL --BILLING TAB.

The field is VBAP-TAXM1

Please check this field and revert if it is not retrieving correct value.

regards,

santosh